Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drinking and sci

drinking and sci

i've been drinking quite a bit, it's not a problem it's just i've got visit all of the time and i usually have a few drinks with them. i'm just wondering if it will hurt me in the long run when a cure might accure.

If you wonder if you are drinking too much, you probably are. There are other things you can do with visitors besides drink alcohol all the time.

Alcohol abuse is associated with both brain atrophy (ie, death of neurons in the brain) and peripheral neuropathy (ie, death of neurons in the peripheral nerves), so I am sure that heavy alcohol use would not be conducive to regrowning neurons when the cure comes...or of preserving the intact neurons you have now.

If you need help to control your drinking, please speak frankly about this with your physician. There is help available.

(KLD)

sci-nurse,

i'm not wondering if i drink too much, i'm just wondering if alcohol hurts the spinal cord at all. i used to drink alot before my accident and i might have had a problem then but now my drink are what you might call "casual drinks". anyways thanks sci-nurse.

Watch the drinking doesnt give ya the shits....Try drinking tea...it's not uncool...IT'S NOT UNCOOL

~~I wish you a hopeful christmas,i wish you a brave new year,i wish for all pain and sadness, leave all hearts and let there roads be clear~~

Good question. I hadn't thought of that.

Brian C/5
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net

Originally posted by Shaun:

Watch the drinking doesnt give ya the shits....Try drinking tea...it's not uncool...IT'S NOT UNCOOL

~~I wish you a hopeful christmas,i wish you a brave new year,i wish for all pain and sadness, leave all hearts and let there roads be clear~~
    what he said. especially beerr, its notorious for the shits. what a stupid reason to shit yourself, because of drinking.

I hope not...I don't get drunk anymore but i do drink socially. My body seems to be fine with this...not even a problem with the shits.

"...if you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down" - Old School Gin Blossoms

yeah i don't don't get the shits either, just causes a faul oudor. i keep away from beer too...causes me to pee too much.

Tis the season for hot buttered rum. Drink up.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Decaf and Baileys--warms the toes on frigid days like today--1 degree farenheit at noon. brrrr