Thread: Sundance Film Festival

Sundance Film Festival

I'm thinking about going out to Park City, Utah in January for Sundance. Has anyone ever been? How accessible is Park City? The Sundance web-site says they are accessible...BUT, I know we've all been in situations where we got somewhere only to find that it wasn't as accessible as we were told. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

I volunteered at Sundance last year. All of the theatre venues are accessible (some newer and better than others). If you have your own car and a handicap permit, you should have no trouble getting to the shows. The only problem could be the weather. Park City can get some pretty good snowstorms.

If you're a movie buff, I think you will enjoy Sundance. Several films that are now in theaters premiered there last year - the quality is outstanding. Get your tickets early!

thanks toots kazoo. So, if I rented a handicap van at the airport then I should be good?

How far is Park City from Salt Lake?

Is it pretty congested out there during Sundance?

Park City is about 1/2 hour from Salt Lake City(all freeway). Also some of the movies show at a big theater in Salt Lake. There should be a schedule posted on the Sundance website by mid to late December.

A handicap van with parking permit should do you fine - AWD is best because of snow and ice on the roads.