somebody told me ian (canuck-off) posted here.

So for those of you who would like to help, read on.

First off, I'd like to preface this message by saying that it does have the "Ian seal of approval". I ran it by him and he said, "This sounds like a very cool idea -- feel free to get the ball rolling."

So here's how you can help.

Money (or lack of it) is an issue for many people (and as Ian said, it is not one of his needs), so after talking with a few other folks we came up with an idea that everybody (who wanted to) could participate in. We thought that a great way to show support to Ian is by telling his daughter how much he has touched all of our lives. To that end I'm inviting everybody to write a note or a letter or a card to Ian's daughter telling her "how your father affected my life."

Ian has had a profound impact on many people, and I think these words could be of great support and even guidance to his daughter. After all, he is a great role model, and kids really need role models these days.

Obviously we can't post Ian's address (that might cause him even more stress) so I volunteered to receive the cards and forward them all in one package to Ian. (Ian has given his address to me). Then Ian can share them with his daughter at the right time (as the parent he will know when the time is right).

So if you want to share your feelings with Ian's daughter, send your cards and letters to me at:

Thoughts For Ian's Daughter
c/o Candy Harrington
P.O. Box 278
Ripon, CA 95366

I will not open any mail addressed in this manner, and will forward it all en mass up to Ian. If you have problems typing, maybe an audio tape would be a good idea. And (although it won't be private) you can also e-mail me your message (candy@EmergingHorizons.com) and I will print it out and include it with the group.

If for whatever reason you need a physical mailing address for me or have any questions, just e-mail me at candy@EmergingHorizons.com. (Please put "NM - Ian" in the subject line so I don't accidentally overlook it)

Thank you for your time,

Candy

Candy Harrington
Editor, Emerging Horizons
The Only Accessible Travel Magazione
www.EmergingHorizons.com