Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Safety

Fire Safety

What plans, devices, etc. do you (or do you not)have in place?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

If im up,the door clothed.If im in bed and theres time,the door naked, if there isnt time a plastic bag and a large elastic band and hopefully im unconscious before i feel the heat...

~~If you cant beat em,arrange to have em beatin~~

Stick my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye? I figure if I cant make it out, well, at least I wont feel too much of it.

I'm so scared of being trapped in bed during a fire (although my partners always here) or being trapped in the house because the elevator is my only exit.
    There was just a story on the news where a pregnant mom, and her 7 kids died in a fire.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

A fireman relative told me to call the local firehouse and let them know my son is paralyzed so that they will know right where we live to save time in an emergency. I called and they did come out to the house but they said there was no way to know who would be on duty and no way to let them all know where we were.
    I try to keep the chair charged and by the bed. It will be the fasted transfer in history. I never leave for more than an hour to do the grocery shopping. I have gone over the scene so many times, it is my biggest fear in life.
    I get gas in the van when Chris is not in it. I have a fire extinguisher very handy. I never leave the appliances running when I go to the store.

"Never ask directions from the two headed clown" Ernie

When we modified our house, I made sure we added a second door so we have two exits to our deck with the ramp. The only other usable exit was in the kitchen, not a good thing since fires often start in kitchens. I also called the fire department to let them know there was a para living here, all they wanted to know was the location of the bedroom. The lady said it would come up on their computer if a call came in for our address.

Shaun, my husband will probably also be out the door naked...I'll have to remember to grab a blanket or something on the way out so we don't scare the wimmin...

AB wife of T8 complete para

Call your local fire department Emi, and let them know of your concerns and limitations in case of fire. As well, that you have a young child that you care for in the home.

Let ambulance and police know ahead as well.

The computer dispatch programs these people probably use will let them 'flag' the address so the information will pop up into the screen if they should ever have to enter your address ... we have that and we're a small service.

Let dispatch know - but try and speak to someone in administration at the police, fire, ambulance level. In fact, putting it in writing would be a good idea.

ADT Security system for fire and police.

Originally posted by Shaun:

If im up,the door clothed.If im in bed and theres time,the door naked, if there isnt time a plastic bag and a large elastic band and hopefully im unconscious before i feel the heat...

~~If you cant beat em,arrange to have em beatin~~
    MONEY, right there...

Building a house; check it out

I have smoke detectors in every room and they are very sensitive, sometimes my cooking even sets them off Also have those sprinkler things in every room on the ceiling. Naturally I keep my w/c beside my bed at night so if there is a fire I'll just jump out of bed, grab my dog, and proceed....

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash