Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun!

Sun!

Ok, I have not seen the sun in days but it is supposed to be out this weekend. I get depressed when the sun is not out. As a quadripelgic I am always cold and I love to sit by the window just soaking up the warmth from the sun. I guess since it is getting cold outside it's not helping much. Does anyone else love and miss the sun as much as I do?
    You know, you would think I should hate the sun because it's the sun's fault that I am even in a wheelchair, but go figure.
    Sun, sun, come out!

Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God

Marie .. Bill often basks as you do but we haven't had much Sun on the prairies these past two weeks. I work with the public and I can tell you I notice it in everyone's disposition when the Sun hasn't shown its sweet face for a long stretch.... we crave and need the "light" for sure ....

Obieone

I'm always in a better mood and have more energy when it is sunny out. The way the forcast looks right now we won't have much sun for atleast a week.

Its a proven fact that people are in better moods when it is sunny.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

i bought one of those SADD lamps. it helps a bit. i actually am looking into buying a tanning lamp like one of these:
    SADD Lamps
    the SADD lamps give off no heat but this baby does. it'll seem more sun-like.

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-04-04 at 07:52 PM.]

if everyone likes the sun so much, you should move here to AZ, we see the sun 365 days a year

~~Everyone wants to change the world, but nobody wants to change himself. ~Leo Tolstoy~

Yeah!!!!!!!! The SUN is out today! Not a cloud in the sky and a predicted beautiful weekend. My happiness just went up a notch. I hope everyone else has a good weekend.

Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God

wishing y'all could visit Houston today. It is sunny and 72 degrees out!

Russ Byrd

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Theophania:

i bought one of those SADD lamps. it helps a bit. i actually am looking into buying a tanning lamp like one of these:

theoph i would be careful with those tanning lamps,
    they can cause some horrific skin burns.
    i may get a SADD lamp myself

The sun and warm weather seem like a medical necessity, and I do not do very well in the cold. Perhaps that's why so many senior citizens move to Florida. I do like a good thunder storm, but this is a rarity in Southern California. I am glad that I purchased a home with a southern exposure.

PN

Originally posted by Theophania:

SADD LAMPS

the SADD lamps give off no heat but this baby does. it'll seem more sun-like.
    yup i use a face tanner all winter long, mainly out of vanity, lol. i cant stand a pale face. but i agree it helps u feel better.

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-09-04 at 09:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-09-04 at 09:21 AM.]