Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Edwards

Thats just low, nobody can make a "promise" like that.

I wish they could

"Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option"

Even though I'm a diehard Democrat, Edwards was wayyyy outta line saying that. WHEN Kerry is President, a C1/2 vent-dependent quad is going to get up and walk? Give me a break. It's like mandating a miracle on your watch.

Zillazangel, who will vote for Kerry/Edwards anyway, but who cringed at that statement

Found this today re Edwards' comment:

The doctored quotation first appeared on The Drudge Report on October 12 at 4:03 p.m. (ET). Drudge reported:

"Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'..."

Here's what Edwards actually said at an October 10 campaign event in Iowa:

EDWARDS: Christopher Reeve just passed away. And America just lost a great champion for this cause. Somebody who is a powerful voice for the need to do stem cell research and change the lives of people like him, who have gone through the tragedy. Well, if we can do the work that we can do in this country -- the work we will do when John Kerry is president -- people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.

Drudge edited out Edwards's words about "the work we can do in this country" on stem cell research, which suggested that Edwards was premising "people like Christopher Reeve" "walk[ing] again" on the outcome of research that a Kerry administration would support.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Alan~
    Thank you for providing the complete quote in the correct context.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

ya and if u believe everything kerry and edwards tell ya, we'll be walking next week and it'll be on a road of gold, did u know that bush is the first president to open up stem cell lines for research? ever!

Koran Verse 9 : 11

-- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome
    Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
    Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more
    rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
    there was peace.

I have locked this thread and moved it to Politics . Thank you Faye for bring it to my attention .
    Dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .