Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Edwards

John Edwards

Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'... Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promise during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa...

If we don't, can he be sued? Class action lawsuit!!!

Lol. Is John going to turn water to wine as well?

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Edwards has good intentions. He's represented a large # of disadvantaged and disabled individuals. And won!

Down But Never Out

Originally posted by Mike C:

Lol. Is John going to turn water to wine as well?

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
    No. LOL That sneaky trial lawyer is slick. He will say..'When john kerry is president....CR will rise up from the dead and turn water to wine.'

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

Originally posted by RaiderQuad:

Edwards has good intentions. He's represented a large # of disadvantaged and disabled individuals. And won!

Down But Never Out
    dissadvantaged and disabled were edwards meal ticket. wonder how many edwards represented will vote for him?

Good intentions! Now that is funny! In 41 years I have never met a lawyer with good intentions.And I have met a few. The fact that he is using a man's death to advance his political goals is pathetic. What is really sad is that some people think he is sincere....

CLC...I know personally several individuals who were represented by John Edwards and each of them have every intention of voting for the Kerry/Edwards ticket.

Saying that Edwards is politicizing Christopher Reeve's death is like saying that George Bush is politicizing the death of any soldier who dies in the "war on terror" when he mentions them publicly and posthumously.

People care about a cause not when it is written on a sheet of paper in black and white, but when it is represented by a human face and life. Chris Reeve was the face of our community and you, as well as any member of the SCI family, should be thankful that any politician is pushing for SCI research, no matter what their motivations may be.

Life is politics, and politics is life.

"If you want to live like a Republican, vote for the Democrats." ~Harry Truman

[This message was edited by JDR on 10-13-04 at 02:03 AM.]

not as many as the big ceo's of oil and weapon industries will vote for the draft dodger. At least Edwards earned his money not sleeping with the SAUDI'S.

Down But Never Out

Both tickets leave some to be desired but I would rather put my fate w/ the Kerry /Edwards ticket than GW & Dick.

Compassionate conservatism has done about as much as, "a thousand points of light." IMO

Christopher Reeve politicized himself. He choose to do so. He didn't have to. He could have kept quite all these years after his injury, and not been in the public eye politicizing the need for a cure. He could have just lived on quietly and not fought. It would have been the easy thing to do no doubt.