Thread: Bees!

Bees!

I've never seen bees act like this. I first saw it several weeks ago. I was bringing in the groceries one might, and a big bumble bee was swarming and buzzing the porch light like a friggin moth or something.

One night a few days ago, my sister was over here, and when she opened the door to, leave a bee flew in the door. It went for a light and just started swarming around it bumping into it.

Last night was bad. My mom brought some food when she got off work, and I went out to help bring it in. There were two bees swarming around the porch light. I turned the light off for just a second and they stopped. I turned the light back on and they had landed on the wall and just sat there. There was a smaller one crawling around the ramp. I ran over the one on the ramp when I was coming back up the ramp with the bags in my lap (he made a nice crunch sound too).

I got inside, put my food on my lap tray and had taken a few bites when another huge bee came out of nowhere. It must have been on one of the bags, because it looked like it came buzzing up from my tray. It scared the crap out of me, and my first reaction was to throw my tray at it, food and all. What a mess. It flew up to the light in the living room and started ramming into it.

My mom sprayed it with some bug spray, then beat the crap out of it with a fly swatter after it hit the ground.

What's up with the bees? I've never seen bees come out at night, or swarm around lights like a moth.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Perhaps it's because the weather is turning cooler and they are seeking warmth?

Jim:

What about your neighbors, are they also reporting that they are having the same problems as well?

PN

My neighbors are old, and I hardly see them.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.