Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If you thought SCI was bad...

If you thought SCI was bad...

Read this site. I bet either of her parents would have gladly suffered a SCI in exchange for their precious daughters life. I know I would if it was my daughter.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

AWWW YAAA! There we go,now any happiness or joy ive been feeling today has been sucked out of me.Guess i'll go slam my head in the car door and call it a day...

~We must save the princess,or die trying~..Mickey Mouse

Have to disagree with you Emi.

SCI is THE cruelist of fates that could EVER befall someone.

Death is so much easier on the family and the victim than SCI.

Have to disagree with you Cowboy..Life is what you make it,wc or not!

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

A TBI or a stroke is much worse then a sci, at least you guys can think & communicate

let's have a my disease is worse than your disease contest

You know, sometimes when I hear these 'this is worse than that' discussions, I just want to say that - any - 'condition' that veers from whatever the 'normal' state of the human body/mind is, is awful. The specific disabilities are yes, pertinent to each disability, but instead of saying this is worse than that, or yours is worse than mine, wouldn't a better 'mind set' be to just say that - anything - that causes a disability sucks? To just agree that folks are all in the same boat - may be different 'boats' - but in the end, the same.

To just agree that folks are all in the same boat - may be different 'boats' - but in the end, the same.
    Again,I would have to disagree.Its hard to find folks with a disability that are positive.Its always gloom an doom!

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Originally posted by Stiggy:

To just agree that folks are all in the same boat - may be different 'boats' - but in the end, the same.
    Again,I would have to disagree.Its hard to find folks with a disability that are positive.Its always gloom an doom!

No kidding, especially one this site

Kanuck - agreed.

Marm - you're right as well. All disabilities are horrible.

Lindsay, Stiggy - yes, its hard to find positive people in general, disabled or not.

The solace I find is in trying to be part of the solution.