Thread: God Bless Chris Ledoux

God Bless Chris Ledoux

I just got the box set that I ordered, all of my favorite Chris Ledoux songs, I love it!!!
    Listening to each one I have awesome memories of my 'old life'. I wish that I could be making awesome memories in my 'new life' too. I want the memories of my first steps, the first whole day without a wheelchair, all the firsts that come with walking again...that come with a cure.

The 31st of this month will be 15 months that I have been in a wheelchair. As I listen to these CD's I just want to dance...do you ever feel like that?? Like you just want to jump up and dance?? Or even just tap your foot to the music??

I can remember the night of my accident bitching to my mom about how I wanted to move, and start a new life...far from my hometown. I have a new life all right, and most the time that is where I sit, at home. I have always kept my independence, I have my own house and I am thankful I don't have to live with my parents. Lately I have been talking to my best friend in San Antonio about moving.
    I would love to go try out Susan Fajt's new rehab in November...I just want to try something that could make me better. I think maybe with Intensive Rehab I could make some real gains, with what I have recovered so far.

On the other hand I have so much support here and family to help out with anything I need...so just having a little internal conflict here and feel like talking to you guys about it.
    namaste

I think maybe with Intensive Rehab I could make some real gains, with what I have recovered so far.
    I'd go for it Bergie, if you can. Are you still getting return of motor/sensation? I hope so, if you are then intensive rehab might be very helpful...I don't know your level or specifics, but it can't hurt, for sure.

Glad you found some happiness in Chris Ledoux's music, music is wondeful for the soul, ya know?

"I believe this is America. Whatever happened to 'I don't agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'?""
    ~Judge Shirley Rowe Trkula

-peace

i had most of chris ledoux's tapes back in 84 when i crashed, they were the first things someone took outa my truck even b4 the high dollar radio amp & speakers,

i had most of chris ledoux's tapes back in 84 when i crashed, they were the first things someone took outa my truck even b4 the high dollar radio amp & speakers,
    That blows CLC, sorry to hear that. Did you ever get them back?

Someone stole my wallet with over 400 bucks in it (as well as all ID, etc.) sometime between the time of my landing on the beach after falling 100 feet, and by the time I was stripped down in the ER.

Oh well, guess everybody ain't a saint

"I believe this is America. Whatever happened to 'I don't agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'?""

-peace

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rdf:

That blows CLC, sorry to hear that. Did you ever get them back?

nope sometimes i wonder if garth brooks ended up with one

rdf,

I am makin small gains here and there. My sensation is GREAT...and the motor is okay. I am a T7, complete is what they say, but I would say that isn't so. I have really good control of my bladder/bowel and my stomach has almost totally returned to normal.

I have so much family here though and people to do my therapy...I guess I am just scared to be on my own...in a wheelchair.

Thank you for your kind words. FOR SURE, music is wonderful for the soul...I love it.

I can't believe someone would take you wallet, that is insane...I am a firm believer in karma, so it'll come around

CLC379,

I would take Chris LeDoux tapes before I took speakers too Although I am not a big fan of theivery...

Bergie, I'm glad you're making some small gains. You've been injured not that long, and you're young, and will walk normally again...sooner rather than later

I lived in Nevada off and on many times. Reno, LV, Lovelock, Henderson, Taho, and even Laughlin for a lil while back when I was a construction worker. I love nevada, the smell at night in the desert is like no other.

Best of luck to you in your recovery, Bergie, and keep the music rockin' It helps me, for sure.

-peace

nope sometimes i wonder if garth brooks ended up with one
    lol, ya never know.

-peace