Thread: A Ticket to Work, but they don't care

A Ticket to Work, but they don't care

NEW PROGRAM HELPS DISABILITY RECIPIENTS GET JOBS; FEW KENTUCKIANS SHOW INTEREST

ASSOCIATED PRESS

PIKEVILLE - Denver Thomas is one of the rare people who receive disability checks from the Social Security Administration, but who would prefer to go back to work and earn a living.

The Virgie resident was the only person, out of nearly 10,000 in Pike County who receive Social Security benefits, to attend a meeting this week in Pikeville to learn about an initiative to encourage recipients to return to work.

Statewide, more than 250,000 Kentucky residents are eligible for the program, which encourages them to find jobs, but only about 400 have signed up for the Ticket to Work program.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...al/9399054.htm

That sounds like a fix it ticket. Who does not care? Can he not find a job? Years ago I hired a person that quit producing sales so she could keep her Gov benefits, I found that sad - so I had her buy in house products to take out of paycheck so she would feel good about doing a GOOD job.
    Matt

omg. i will have to write that so-called newspaper. 22k a year before i lose my medical benefits... gee thx. poverty level is....what?

After $22k,you pay $30 or so a month for Medicaid.Hell,that's a deal!This is a wonderful oppurtunity for those who want to work. It's optional and most will ignore it.I believe in ten yrs,we will see just how good this act is for those with severe disabilities.

Originally posted by Max:

Just realized ... this is supposed to connect with the Beatles' song "Ticket to Ride" ... she's gotta ticket to ride, but she don't care.

Hunker, I also was wondering who didn't care.

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon