Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My cat died

My cat died

My cat Boots died yesterday. She was very old, I've had her since I was just a kid. We don't know her exact age, but she was about 20 years old. Nobody believed me when I told them how old she was. She didn't act like most old cats, she was active and friendly.

She was my guardian. She was always watching over me. Even before my injury, she'd sit on the arm of the couch or chair beside me when I was in the living room, and she always slept beside me at night.

She's had a long life for a cat though. When she was a kitten she lost her meow, and all she could make was a hissing sound.

We almost lost her once. It had been raining non stop for several weeks. Me and my sisters were at school, and both my parents were at work when our neighborood got flooded. The water current knocked the back door off it's hinges, and the cats either got swept out or swam for it. Boots was the only one that made it back, and we didn't find her for weeks afterwards.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

My condolences. Sounds like she had a very good life. The following poem is a good read:

www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

btw: that top photo of her sure is a "don't f*** with me look" if ever I saw one.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Losing a pet is tough. I just lost one dog. My other dog Willy is my best friend, he's 11 now.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I'm so sorry for your loss , losing our animal family members is never an easy thing, especially after so long a time.

We have a kitty, Snowflake, who I've had since she was a kitten, she's 10 now and just starting to show some age, she can't seem to see so well anymore but she still kicks up her heels. She pulled a disappearing act right after Matt and I married and was gone for almost 6 months. When she showed back up, skinny and looking haggard, she went straight to Matt and wouldn't let me touch her for awhile, I'm still holding a grudge about that .

I wish you the best and hope your memories of her bring a smile to your face.

Jewel

my sincerest sympathies...

joy
    "You've got to learn to love the little things in life in order to be happy, like a sip of whiskey in the evening or a beautiful morning sunrise."
    ~Gus McRae, "Lonesome Dove"

I'm so sorry, Jimnms.

I know how hard it is to lose such a beloved friend. They are really such a comfort for us, always there when we need them, and never mad at us. Take time to grieve for Boots. They are truly a part of the family, and the sadness we feel is for losing that family member.

May you take comfort in the memories you have of Boots........what a survivor to make it back to you after that flood!

My sincere condolences to you.

Darlene

I'm sorry Jim, Boots looks so sweet.

I am so sorry for your loss. Many don't understand the impact a pet can have on your life. An animal can be like a family member, especially when you have them for a long time like you have had your cat Boots. I am truly sorry for you.

My 4 year old Manx cat was recently sick. We couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally decided she was constipated. I gave her a little milk of magnesia and by the next morning she was fine. You wouldn't even know she wasn't feeling well now.

So sorry to hear about Boots. Sounds like she was quite a wonderful part of your life. It's always difficult losing a pet, they really become members of your family. I hope your other feline family members will help comfort you through this.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I'm so sorry, jimnms. Boots was certainly a survivor! After 20 some years, I bet it's hard to think back and remember a time when Boots wasn't in your life. I know you'll miss her, but how lucky you were to have her for so long!

Vicky