Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWSWEEK: Bush at right-to-life rally says all human beings begin life as a feces....(not a typo)

NEWSWEEK: Bush at right-to-life rally says all human beings begin life as a feces....(not a typo)

NEWSWEEK reports that President Bush, appearing before a right-to-life rally in Tampa, Florida on June 17, 2004 stated: "We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being." The audience listened in disbelief as the President repeated his error at least a dozen times, before realizing that he had used the word "feces" when he meant to say "fetus."

"Whatever else you do, come November 2nd, I urge you, please, cast a vote for embryonic stem cell research."- Ron Reagan Jr.

OMG that is hilarious.

I don't care what political party you are, if you think that isn't funny you have no sense of humor.

Hehehahagigglegigglesnicker

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Thanks Faye,

You gave me a good belly laugh at the end of a challenging day.

OMG, he makes it so easy to poke fun at him! At least late night shows will have some new material now.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

well kids are called little shits sometimes

Too bad it's not true, does sound like something he'd do.

Proof

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

OMG...this is hilarious, LOL..What an idiot president we have...gotta be proud of..

lel42,

You're a moron for not reading jimnms post.

Blue Dog Rising
    Jul 27, 2004
    9:56 am
    Bush didn't say it...but then again..
    In the spirit of today's convention sessions, the following post is:
    A. Timely.... as Ron Reagan gets ready to appeal to the nation tonight to lift the Bush ban on stem cell research.

B. Fair-minded... showing that Dems need not be strident nor inaccurate about Bush-bashing.

C. Remiscent ...of Bill Clinton's line last night: "Strength and Wisdom are NOT opposing values.

George Bush did NOT use the term "feces" for "fetus" in a speech in Tampa June 17 as supposedly reported by Newsweek. Dems all over Boston and the nation are getting this email:

NEWSWEEK reports that President Bush, appearing before a right-to-life rally in Tampa, Florida on June 17, stated: "We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being." The audience listened in disbelief as the President repeated his error at least a dozen times, before realizing that he had used the word 'feces" when he meant to say "fetus."

This is an urban legend, debunked at:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...ces_speech.htm

Newsweek never printed this story and Bush was not in Tampa on June 17. He was on June 16, according to the White House sked, but said nothing of the kind.

Keep this in mind while Ron Reagan speaks tonight. Bush does know the difference between the two words and may actually be capable of changing his mind on stem cell research.

Then again...

These "Bushisms" are not urban legends:

"I'm the master of low expectations."- President Bush aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." - President Bush aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003.

(The above Bushism are courtesy of Jacob Weisberg: http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/)

Bill Clinton may have been wrong last night. With Dubya, "strength and wisdom" just might be opposing values.

-peace

Story

"[A] free Iraq is essential to our respective securities."-Washington, D.C., June 1, 2004

"I want to thank my friend, Sen. Bill Frist, for joining us today. ... He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. (Laughter.) Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."-Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."-Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

"This has been tough weeks in that country."-Washington, D.C., April 13, 2004 (Thanks to David Huddleston.)

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."-Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."-Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"John Thune has got a common-sense vision for good forest policy. I look forward to working with him in the United Nations Senate to preserve these national heritages."

"Any time we've got any kind of inkling that somebody is thinking about doing something to an American and something to our homeland, you've just got to know we're moving on it, to protect the United Nations Constitution, and at the same time, we're protecting you."-Aberdeen, S.D., same day (Thanks to George Dupper.) - lmao

Can't wait for the Sep debates

Story

"I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power."
    "I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country; and the least appearance of an encroachment on those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil exceedingly."
    - Ben Franklin

-peace

[This message was edited by rdf on 08-04-04 at 04:19 PM.]