Thread: for what it's worth...

for what it's worth...

listen people...we all have bad days...some of us more than others and good. i don't know about u guys but when i sign onto here i come to gain knowledge and hopefully talk with a friend or 2. u have no idea how this site and the people that i have corresponded with have helped jim and myself...some have become quite close friends
    the last week however has made me quite sad and disappointed. we all have to understand that not everyone is going to agree with everything that we post on here...so we have to agree to disagree. u know my mom always told me that u should never talk about politics, sex, and religion..omg was she right. i talk about these subjects at large with many people but with adults that can handle it. i was also told this by someone quite wise...try your hardest not to say things in haste...even if u have to sit on it for a day or 2...and still u might want to bite your tongue i have tried to live by that...it's seemed to work thus far.
    where i'm going with this is...sit back and read some of the weeks posts. i realize some of them have been removed but there r still some lurking. i wouldn't for anything want to be a moderator on here...it's not like they get paid. it's out of the kindness of their hearts that they take the TIME to help cc members. lately they've been putting up with a lot of bullshit...time not well spent. oh yeah and what about dr. wise young and jeff weeks...like dr. young and jeff want to play kindergarden cops. how would u like to be a new member looking over the boards and seeing what's been going on? really guys...think about it.
    please forgive me for my ranting but i was bothered by this because one member that had left for months recently came back and has come back to this. another well loved member is truly hurt and rethinking their stay here at cc.
    i'll leave on this note...visualize that 70's coke commercial...omfg did i just date myself...hey i was just a kid just always brought a tear to my eye.
    peace
    stormie

Stormie427~
    Thank you for your post. As one moderator, I appreciate you acknowledging the work and committment that all pour into CC.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Stormie , thank you for your kind words . CC means a lot to me ; my nearest neighbour lives about 10 miles away , nearest [ only one in my state ] facility with SCI knowledge is 350 miles away and i have not even seen another SCI for 3 years . for these reasons CC has been a real blessing for me . it is much more than a reference resource . I thank Wise Young and the others who were instrumental in setting up this great site and feel that i get much more out of the site than what i put in .
    thank you ,
    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .

Stormie-

Thanks from me too. It has been one of those weeks where it is hard to be a moderator.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000