Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady

Three cats and four kittens. Metronycguy recently told me that 3 cats is the cut off for crazy cat lady status--all that was missing was my shawl.

So it's official. It appears word's gotten out in cat world because a stray kitten showed up howling on my front porch a couple of nights ago. Won't leave.

The good news is all the males are being transported to my brother's place out in the country. He hates cats but appreciates their utilitarian purpose. The females will either be spayed or given away.

Anyone want a kitten? I've got a couple of free weekends ... I'll take it to you, along with a batch of crazy cat lady peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

BTW, crazy cat lady should not be confused with CatWoman aka Halle Berry, however it's very difficult to tell us apart! I'm the one wearing the shawl.

A few years ago I got in my first bit of trouble on CC when I said I wore black leather cat kicking boots...meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

People went off yelling and it probably took two more years for them to realize I do not have a mean bone in my body and am just allergic to cats. Good luck honey call me when you have a cute little black dog that looks like a wolf....then we will talk.

Mary

The most I ever had at one time was 13, when I'd get to 14, 1 would die, no shit. I guess 13 is an unlucky number.

Cats are ok I guess. I like them best when they are outdoors being mousers. Dogs are way better

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

My 8 and a half year old cat, my second son (got him when my oldest son was 6 months old) got chewed up by a dog on April 24 of this year. Amazingly, my poor baby made it all the way home, scratched the door to be let in and jumped up onto my bed to wait for me with a body full of holes from the dog's teeth. We rushed him to the emergency vet at 2 am to be told that they could perform surgery but it was unlikely he would live through it. I made the decision to have him put to sleep. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life. He was my child, my baby, my best friend, the one who was always there to comfort me when I needed it. Strange things to say about a cat, I know, but they are the truth..he honestly didn't know he was "just a cat". I have a new kitten now and he's alot like my Fatty, but of course he can never replace him. I'm so lonely without him!!

So...I think that qualifies me for Crazy Cat Lady...not that I have a lot of them, but that he meant sooo much to me!!

Good luck with the kittens Martha...glad you are so far away from me...I can't say no to adorable little kittens!

Tina
    C5-C7 Walking Quad
    Aug '03

TINAMARIE that breaks my heart! Poor kitty and poor you! I'm so sorry! I don't think those are strange things to say, or that you are crazy at all to feel that way..I feel the same way about my animals. I've had to put my babies to sleep before too, and your'e right, it's the most awful thing to have to go through, but it shows how much you truly love your pets when you do that for them.

I guess I'm the crazy cat lady for real...I have...let's just say "a large number" of cats! And dogs...and 3 chickens...and some tadpoles...Now before everyone freaks out...NO, they do not all live in the house...everyone is outside except one little dog that gets to come in to sleep, and that's only part of the time. And NO, my neighbors don't hate me because I live in the country and I don't have any neighbors! It's just me and Paw, and the critters!

Cat People

Hold on to your catheters for this one. My daughter is well paid to look after her boss's 87 cats, located on a 500 acre farm (he does not live on or visit the farm). He built her a two bedroom house and furnished it, and built a 1600 square foot cat shelter equipped wth cat walks, furniture and beds. Also three acres are fenced for the cats. She has a part time helper. Her days are sometimes long, but she loves the work, the job etc. I should have been so fortunate.

I'm thinking of getting a cat to keep my dog company

Carol, you get an official crazy cat lady shawl, and TinaMarie, I think you deserve an honorary one. I've had to put two Siamese cats down (both birthday presents over the course of my life). I've seldom cried so hard in my life. Both were like friends ... and Siamese cats "talk"--it's almost creepy sometimes. They're very human.

Wazabiker, I've never heard of anything like that in my life! What kind of furniture is in that shelter??? I'd love to see pictures! Is this person "eccentric"--to put it politely?

Christopher, I've embarked on some crazy road trips in my life but I don't think I could manage Louisiana to Montreal and back over a weekend just to deliver a kitten and some cookies. Meet me halfway and we might be able to negotiate something.