Thread: LIFE IS HARD - BUT WELL WORTH THE RIDE

LIFE IS HARD - BUT WELL WORTH THE RIDE

Since this is the LIFE forum...

This (below) was a recent response to a fellow writer who writes a column about the 30s and 40s... my column A SOUTHERN SON deals with the 60s and 70s... I wrote to him--

"...We write from two vastly different era's but what we write is the same. The
    bittersweet struggle of common people living ordinary lives and the emotions
    brought about by that struggle. Life is a hard thing but sprinkled with just
    enough rewards along the way that it manages somehow to keep us around.

No matter the year, family is family and tears flow from the same spot... The
    good outweighs the bad and as you age you forget the worst of it--placing the
    good times and good people on the upper shelf of our recollections... high above
    the pain, no where near the hurt, but alone in a place of our own making in the
    center of our soul. What we keep there goes with us when we leave... because
    without that core of magical memories we would only be hollow angels."

Rusty

Beautiful thoughts, Rusty!!

Thanks

"We have lost so much time already" - Nancy Reagan

Faye, thank you.

[This message was edited by Rusty Van Reeves on 07-12-04 at 03:59 PM.]

Rusty~
    I always enjoy your writing. I love this line:
    What we keep there goes with us when we leave... because
    without that core of magical memories we would only be hollow angels."
    Please keep posting,

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Rusty ..... the angels speak through your hands ... what a gift you have ....

Obieone
    P.S. Can I have your autograph!!

How true it is....

Once, I was down and then noticed a dahlia bulb had bloomed so beautifully in my yard. It made my day.

Once, I down and then noticed fourteen beautiful baby ducks in my pond. I forgot all about the negativity and started reading up on how to care for baby Mardarins.

Once, I was down and then received notification that my daughter was to be honored for a poem she wrote. Pride filled my heart and the depression was gone.

Once, I was down and then read about the advances in SCI research... and I saw the determination of people of like Faye and Suzanne Poon and so many others... and Hope was restored.