Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musical instruments

Musical instruments

My beloved Deering banjo and 19th century violin really helps to keep a balance mind. I played the cello as a child but it wasn't until following my SCI I took the instruments seriously. I discontinued the cello and chose the violin for obvious reason. It also conveys my immense gratitude to our Merciful Creator for the privilege of my fingers (T-4). I find this especially true for a socially inept recluse! Cheers!

Noah: Do you have enough lung capacity to play it well?

Rusty-
    your story is wonderful! Thank-you for sharing. I see you've written a couple books, do you also write music? I'm sure with the training you've had, it would come naturally to you. Once again, thank-you for sharing with all of us.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I play guitar

My husband played drum set. He can not do that anymore since he no longer has any use of his legs. However, he found a MIDI controller (ZenDrum) and a drum machine (actually two) and plays electronically now! He has played two paying gigs with his band and they have more coming up this summer. It is really cool...and it's interesting to watch the crowd members being curious about what he is doing and where the drum sounds are coming from!

Belle

Cool - the main problem would be the bass drum and the high hat which are usually played with right and left foot respectively I think. Might have that the wrong way round. (also depends on if left or right footed)

Originally posted by BroknWing:

Rusty-
    your story is wonderful! Thank-you for sharing. I see you've written a couple books, do you also write music? I'm sure with the training you've had, it would come naturally to you. Once again, thank-you for sharing with all of us.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03
    I've never written music... poetry, short stories, essays, newspapper column's and novel's but no sheet music.

I renewed my interest in playing the cello immediately following 9/11/01. It became my oasis from the after effects of that event. It took a year after my SCI (5/2/03) for me to take the cello out again and begin to 'make noise' with it. I'm still perfecting seating and support for my torso, and in the meantime just seeing that work of art on it's stand over in the corner is music to my ears

Cymbals 24-7 baby.....

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..