Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so proud...

I'm so proud...

I am so proud of myself today...

Last November I was working as a Legislative Assistant when I had a relapse of my MELAS and it landed me in Rehab (Magee) for a month. When I came out, I no longer had a job. I have worked as a grant manager part time for years, and my boss was good enough to increase my workload a wee bit so that I might have an income that I could live on.

I have been interviewing since November. I have sent my resume to hundreds of prospective employers. I have contacted head hunters, recruiters, and placement agencies. I have contacted anyone who was anybody to help me get interviews. I have had no offers. Finally, I applied to work at Drexel University in Philadelphia. I was shocked. Right in the Diversity and Inclusion questions was: Are you disabled? (Usually it is: Are you a disabled Vetran?) Drexel is the first employer that I have found that has that question as part of the Afirmative Action Survey.

I earned an interview. I have a solid resume. I am now the new Graduate School of Admissions and Recruitment Visitor's Coordinator. (A new position for the University) I am so proud that I kept going. I was so frustrated through all of the interviews with no job offers, but I stuck through it, and now I will be starting an amazing new job with a University that stepped up to the plate.

I have seen several people in chairs at Drexel (on the staff and faculty) at both the University and the Medical School and if you are considering school or looking for a position, I would strongly encourage you to consider Drexel. Just so that I do not sound too biased, I should mention that I have also interviewed with Temple University and Widener University (Widener didn't even ask about my past work experience..most offensive interview that I have ever been on). Drexel is going to pay me to finish my degree, and I couldnt' be more excited.

Peace!
    Jennifer

"If I didn't think the convent would burst into flame upon your arrival I would shout "Get thee to a nunnery!" -NoDecafPlz

Congrats! Keep us informed about how you like this new position.

Hi Jenn,,, great news, good for you, best of luck with your new position.

Freej; you are jenn who i corresponded w/ abut the 'exterra', yes,,,,?

jennifer, that is wonderful. Wise.

Way to go Jennifer!

Jennifer, rock on, girl! You gonna celebrate with someone special? I know he's proud too.

Perserverence does pay off! Congratulations!!!

FreeJ you are indeed the man that I contacted about the Invacare death trap from hell (aka: the Xterra) damn shame that the Storm TDX5 that I have now is afraid of the rain (it breaks down anytime it gets wet or damp outside).

Thanks everyone!

Jennifer

"If I didn't think the convent would burst into flame upon your arrival I would shout "Get thee to a nunnery!" -NoDecafPlz

Martha:

I'm headed to a farm for the weekend to go kayaking in a lake and stare at corn grow-My friend also aspires to get me on a 4 wheeler, but I have yet to decide if I am going to risk my life that much. As soon as I get back Joe gets many many kisses. He has been my rock through the employment nightmare.

jennifer

A big pat on the back!