Thread: Back to school, back to school, to prove that i am no fool....billy madison

Back to school, back to school, to prove that i am no fool....billy madison

i am so excited yet kinda scared to be going back to college in a different city than my family since my accident last july. i have lived on my own for 6 and owned my own home for 4, and now im back at my parents. i am now prob 100% independent with so much motivation i had, yet im scared to be on my own with nobody to help when i really need it. but im so happy to get back to school to finish with my school journey. ive got til august 1st to be here with my family, then im off. any advise, or comments bout your first time on your own would be greatly appreciated. peace out

Josh Stevens
    T6 para as of 7/17/03

This is gonna sound a little funny man and i know you dont find me all that amusing but my best advice is fall out of your chair.While your family/friends are with you in your new place fall out of chair,bed,off the toilet any where around the new place where you could end up on the ground and see how you make out.Can you get around,can you reach the door the phone anything you might need in an emergency.Im c5/6 and thats what i did,i fell off everything and everywhere around my place and made sure i could reach anything i needed from the ground.But thats just my style...stay cool and goodluck..

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..

ya, ive fallen outa my chair a few times in my room at my parents. and since they have the mother in law plan, my room is on the other side of the house, i had to figure it out. the first time i fell after my accident, it took 1 1/2 hours to get up, talk bout a workout, lol.... i also keep my flip phone with a belt clip on me bout 24/7, so i can always get help one way or another. my sis will be livin in the same city and goin to the same college, but im such a independent person, i gotta do it all on my own, if ya know what im sayin.... im the typical guy. the only time i ever fall outa my chair is gettin on my bed or toilet and my legs have a spasm before i get situated, but i usually can keep it under control.. shaun, any good ideas of what i can get that helps in any way for living in a regular apt, that is wheelchair accessible only cause the doors are wider? thanxs dawg..

Josh Stevens
    T6 para as of 7/17/03