Thread: Gift for my therapist...

Gift for my therapist...

My physical therapist is one person I will never forget, she has made such an impact in my life. She is transfering to another unit in another state on June 30th, after dealing with me for 10 months
    I have been thinking of the right gift for her and still can't think of what to get her.
    Any suggestions, ideas?

T5 Incomplete (06/02/03)- Walking with no assistance.

I got Jim's OT scented candles, since she was such a gift of light in the darkness. Thought it would remind her each time she lit it how much she meant.

Buy her an earthquake survival kit. Everybody in Cali should have one anyway!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

well this may require some effort..... do some research and find a good restaurant near the new center and get a gift certificate and i am always a fan of a picture frame with something special inscribed with a pic of her and you. (like during therapy)

****MORE OHIO CC RAGE INFO COMING SOON!****

Originally posted by Mike C:

Buy her an earthquake survival kit. Everybody in Cali should have one anyway!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
    Humm, if there was nothing else to buy her I would consider it but maybe not because she is moving out of California.

T5 Incomplete (06/02/03)- Walking with no assistance.

I like the picture frame idea if you do have a pic of the two of you at work. I gave my primary nurse a crystal vase. We both liked flowers and rarely had room or the time to garden much because we both moved a lot due to our husbands' jobs. So cut flowers were our way of dealing with stress.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Give her a card and a sincere letter about what she has done for you and what your work together has meant to you. I will guarantee she will treasure this more than any trinket you can give to her, and will pull it out and read it over and over in the years ahead.

(KLD)

i gave all my PT's OT's and Rec. therapists alot of candy in a cool big jar. i would have given more but im very poor now due to the SCI and there were so many of them that helped me, i didnt know what else to give. everyone loves candy and chocolate

Josh Stevens
    T6 para as of 7/17/03