Thread: hope

hope

has this done me harm? the only way I got this far was hoping for a cure - was always in the back of my mind

but has this done me more harm than good? it's so darned complex and would be so much work I now believe the opposite and can't carry on

Tie a knot and hang on tight Chris.

Dealing with hardships for me is a delicate balance. If I can accept things outside of my control as they are and decide to be happy (yes, it is a decision) I can still have hope of seeing what I would wish transpire. Even if it never transpires, I would still be happy, but I would not let go of hope. They are not mutually exclusive.

Chris, simply put, you, and only you, are in control of your mind. The most important thing you can change is your thinking about your situation.

Wishing you the best Chris.

Jewel

I don't know if I believe in happiness because I don't know much about it. I do know about fulfillment, and believe that one can achieve this state despite the circumstances one may be experiencing.
    I read your post, work, and I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and I know that the busier I remain and if I feel I am helping or making a difference for others, than, I experience the feelings of contentment or fufillment. But, as I said, I know little of happiness, my feelings don't swing so much on a life barometer -- I often remain in a somewhat neutral state- neither too happy nor too sad. Good luck.

You have come this far Chris don't give up now.

Jewel is right, one thing we can control is our attitude. We can choose to be happy or sad and we can choose to fight or to give up. I choose to fight........I refuse to let this sci defeat me.

Brian

Originally posted by -Andrea-:

I don't know if I believe in happiness because I don't know much about it. I do know about fulfillment, and believe that one can achieve this state despite the circumstances one may be experiencing.
    I read your post, work, and I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and I know that the busier I remain and if I feel I am helping or making a difference for others, than, I experience the feelings of contentment or fufillment. But, as I said, I know little of happiness, my feelings don't swing so much on a life barometer -- I often remain in a somewhat neutral state- neither too happy nor too sad. Good luck.

VERY WELL PUT.
    Don't give up Chris

I also hope for a cure, but still live life like it's never going to happen. Hope is good as long as you aren't putting your life off waiting on it.

Stacy

I like to remember that in the scheme of things 80 years for a life is but a tick of history's clock. That in time all of mans acheivements will erode to dust, nothing physical lasts forever. What lasts is love. You share it around and it gets passed on and slowly the world gets better. It's what we do in the emotional realm that matters, that is the meat of life. We can still play a role in that and if we have to put up with a bit of pain for the odd decade or two then in the end it's better than nothing. Your'e a long time dead. Maybe a cure will come, it is a bet worth making.
    JMO