Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: disturbance in the gulf.

  1. #51
    Originally posted by DA:

    Originally posted by 1FINE RN:
    Heck...In reality, I am a Connecticut girl..
    A lady? I don't know...DA? What am I like?
    your like an ever-lasting-gobstopper...you can suck em forever.
    DA!! Tell the boys what happen when I go SMACK!!!

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,912
    Texas Hurricane History

    I know we've gotten a little off topic here, but I thought this was an interesting compilation of hurricane history for Texas.

    DA, the last time I went to Galveston was 1982. I know it's probably a lot more commercialized now than then. Stayed at the Flagship(?)--the one built over the water. Way cool to have a room view of virtually nothing but water. Also, loved South Padre Island (1984), but it was a deserted paradise back then. I hear it's changed a little too.

  3. #53
    You mean "We" got off topic? That NEVER happens on CareCure. :-)

    We were talking about high winded destructive forces in and around the Gulf weren't we? :-)

  4. #54
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 1FINE RN:

    Originally posted by booster:

    Whatever will I wear????SIGH....
    As little as possible would suit me just fine. How about a smile and a pair of earrings?

  5. #55
    Originally posted by Rusty Van Reeves:

    You mean "We" got off topic? That NEVER happens on CareCure. :-)

    We were talking about high winded destructive forces in and around the Gulf weren't we? :-)
    Actually I have been called a high winded destructive force once before....LOL

  6. #56
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty Van Reeves:

    Originally posted by 1FINE RN:
    Originally posted by booster:

    Whatever will I wear????SIGH....
    As little as possible would suit me just fine. How about a smile and a pair of earrings?
    Don't want to go around inspiring anymore paintings....

  7. #57
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Originally posted by martha2:

    http://www.usatoday.com/weather/huri...ry/whtexas.htm

    I know we've gotten a little off topic here, but I thought this was an interesting compilation of hurricane history for Texas.

    DA, the last time I went to Galveston was 1982. I know it's probably a lot more commercialized now than then. Stayed at the Flagship(?)--the one built over the water. Way cool to have a room view of virtually nothing but water. Also, loved South Padre Island (1984), but it was a deserted paradise back then. I hear it's changed a little too.
    did you ride the ferry? or take the boring route through houston?


    the flagship is still there. its looking its age;wear and tear.

    you should go visit galveston again. go to moodygarden.

  8. #58
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Originally posted by 1FINE RN:

    Originally posted by DA:
    Originally posted by 1FINE RN:
    Heck...In reality, I am a Connecticut girl..
    A lady? I don't know...DA? What am I like?
    your like an ever-lasting-gobstopper...you can suck em forever.
    DA!! Tell the boys what happen when I go SMACK!!!
    HEHEHE
    lets just say pinnochio has nothing on me.

  9. #59
    Tie me down and bring on the hurricane. My compass (yeah, let's call it a compass) is pointing due North... You can bend it any direction you want though... it'll pop back North. Now, bring on the high wind! <evil grin> ...and maybe some compass enhancers (small blue pills)...

    DA, what's a gobstopper?

  10. #60
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Originally posted by Rusty Van Reeves:

    Tie me down and bring on the hurricane. My compass (yeah, let's call it a compass) is pointing due North... You can bend it any direction you want though... it'll pop back North. Now, bring on the high wind! <evil grin> ...and maybe some compass enhancers (small blue pills)...
    my compass points so far north that it has to curve around the top and ends up pointing south.

    DA, what's a gobstopper?
    its a candy made by willy wonka. you can suck them forever and it never melt away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •