Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: disturbance in the gulf.

disturbance in the gulf.

its heading for lafayette. get you a boat martha and board up the house.

No problem, DA. Just gives people around here another excuse to have a party.

Hurricane season has officially begun. I bet Beaumont gets hit before Lafayette, aka the Cajun Garden of Eden.

Every year I remind yall of Chemdome...the huge toxic dome that covers Beaumont and causes the hurricanes to bounce elsewhere. Usually to Louisiana.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Originally posted by Betheny:

Every year I remind yall of Chemdome...the huge toxic dome that covers Beaumont and causes the hurricanes to bounce elsewhere. Usually to Louisiana.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
    when i was growing up we had a hurricane every 2 years. our last hurricane was stupid chantel of 1991. that was 13 years ago. we never have gone this long without a hurricane. a small hurricane will hurt us bad because lots of weak trees that should have been blown down years ago are still standing. but hopefully our toxicdome will protect us again.

btw, i called chantel stupid because it was a strange hurricane. it hit 15 miles west of beaumont which means beaumont should have gotten the worst and houston should have gotten less. however houston had several inches of rain and the worse parts. here in beaumont it only drizzeled for a short time and the sun came out during the hurricane. no, it wasnt the eye. we had substain 89 miles per hour winds for about 4 hours while the sun came in and out all day with a few sprinkles of rain. my brother and i went to the store and bought a kite and flew it. well tried to fly it. the wind ripped it apart after a few tries. they must have been making adjustments to the toxicdome.

DA, just picturing you on the beach flying a kite makes me smile.

Sounds like Beaumont is due for a killer 'cane soon. You're welcome to jump in your tank and drive over here for shelter and gumbo.

only if the killer cane can bust through our dome. city councel are asking suv owners to drive more and harder to reenforce the dome.

if i come over, can i bring my texas long horn cattle. i hope they dont stomp on your aligators...hehe.

I love hurricane parties. Last one, (for a TS in 6/01) we had four ice chests of beer and lost a grill to the damn storm. Guys, never try to grill outside in 70 mph winds. The wind tends to rip grill tops off .

Originally posted by booster:

I love hurricane parties. Last one, (for a TS in 6/01) we had four ice chests of beer and lost a grill to the damn storm. Guys, never try to grill outside in 70 mph winds. The wind tends to rip grill tops off .
    Yet one more example of how stupid Texas is.

Is that why you have that monster grill now ... rated for hurricanes? Booster, you are nuts! (Are you sure you weren't born in Louisiana? )

That's what happens when you have that much beer with three good Texas guys trying to prove that college education does not promote intelligence . In that study we also proved that beer does not increase intelligence .

a few weeks ago i saw a dead alligator on the side of the road near lafayette regional. you would think someone would clean that up instead of allowing it to rott.