Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: summer get together

summer get together

ok i am wondering something......since we allllllll had such a blast at the rally, if i organized a get together what would you want it to be? adults? families? hotel? camping? amusement park? spa? keg? area? cost? time?

YOUR input is greatly needed. i am thinking i may be able to work this as a fundraiser maybe.

ok 31 views and no replies? am i the only one loving the eeling of being in the norm for a change?

adults with adult entertainment, kegger, camping at Jacks, everything paid for by Becky, pig on a spit, and I need gas money.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

I want it to be in North Dakota or Montana so we could drive down....LOL.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

I'd love any of the above. Being me, I especially like Patrick's response lol.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Hell I suggested the same thing in your after Rally thread. I didn't notice this topic.
    Where is an accessible city with good air, train and road access? New York isn't central to people...what about DC? We need a city with good public transit for wheelchairs (don't want any drunks behind the wheel adding to our disfunctional family).
    I'm definitely in.

Becky, I'm thinking! One thing that would be nice is to plan to hire an attendant for the "event", if everyone stayed at same motel, the attendant could help out with higher levels. Or if it's where or when we could go, I'd be glad to help any one out with lifts, cares etc. If enough people drove, we could carpool and have enough vans to go around. Our van could handle one power,three manuals safely. If anyone is going thru Knoxville, please let us know---we have a pontoon boat(accessable)docked on a lake with 700 miles of shoreline that's mostly State Parks. And we have coffee. And a big house. And beer. And 2 acres.

You have to figure on playing where you're staying, imo. No bus will stop for a bunch of wheelers, trust me.

I still say Vegas.

But I want to go see lilsis too.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Number of people attending could affect the location. By that I mean, if only 5-10 people can make it, Debra's place would be perfect. However 20-30 people is a whole other story, and a hotel, etc. would be required.

Knoxville is one of the most picturesque areas of the country. Summer temperatures are tolerable, at least compared to south Louisiana. But Vegas has its advantages too.

BTW, I like Patrick's idea too. Camping at Jack's place would be a blast--especially if Becky's gonna pay for it. I need gas money too. They saved a lot of $$$ on their hotel last weekend, so she can afford it.

Emi would that be too far for you to drive?

Ok, that's my input. Just tell me what you've decided, and I'll do my best to be there.

Becky, thanks for starting this topic. I didn't reply because I was thinking about it.

the "community assistant" is a GREAT idea. I'm single and use my parents for too much of my care. I haVE A WEEKADAY ASSISTANT, BUT SHE'S in her 50's. They're all great people but they don't fit the scenario. I thought about spending the whole weekend in my chair...how bad could it be?

Me like-ee Vegas. Fun town, localized debauchery.