Thread: Trying To Do My Part

Trying To Do My Part

Hi All,

First off, to those who sent PTs wondering where I've gone, I'm still alive This is the peak of my race season, so I've been travelling a lot. Unfortunately, this past weekend was the Paralympic Trials, and I did not make the team. The selection process involved selecting the top three from each class, and I was ranked fourth, so I fell just below. But, I'll continue to train in the hopes of making the team for Beijing in 2008.

BUT, that's just a quick update. I'm posting because I'm trying to jump on the Cure bandwagon. I missed out on the Rally but Canadians are trying to do their part this upcoming weekend, to raise money for the cure. I've created a team of athletes who are trying to raise money and if you'd like to support, you can donate online. You can either donate under my name (Kiran Aujlay) or the team's name (Speed Demons).

OR, if you're Canadian, look for a local event in your neighbourhood, and join.

I'll post the link, and if you wanna help out, it would be greatly appreciated

http://www.rickhansen.com/RHIMIMC/rhimimc_home.htm

~And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all- Socrates~

Good for you!

I'll keep looking for you on the Wheaties box!!

this link goes straight to Kiran's section... come on, a few bucks won't kill ya

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/S...spx?SID=193121

we're all in this together....

Originally posted by Liz321:

I'll keep looking for you on the Wheaties box!!
    Me too.

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni
    Eine Welf, Ein Volk

Thank you to all those who have already donated

~And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all- Socrates~

This is my first year participating in Wheels in Motion. I sent out a few email solicitations from my pledge page and some people fowarded it to others. Before long the pledges began rolling in. At first I was reluctant because I didn't want to spam but people reasured me that it isn't spam if it is for a good cause. About 90% of the money I have collected are from online pledges. The online donations are a great option. They are so easy to do (and generate an instant tax receipt) that they enabled me to collect about 6 times more money than I had originally thought possible.