Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat's Urine

Cat's Urine

Umm thought that might get you reading.................

But seriously, I am very much a animal lover (don't go there!) and I have had every sort of animal over the years (resist temptation)

Now! It is totally natural for Cats to mark there territory - but I have one at the moment that is really taking the Pis* !!! (Go for the pun!)

Where he chooses to mark his territory is right on the mat behind the front door! - This is somewhat problematic as it stinks!

So! Have any of you come across something that I can put down in that area that will stop the cat going there (Please remember I am a animal lover so not too much "pour petrol over cat and light" - but I have a sense of humour!

Robin Lee is your cat neutered? Neutering curbs SOME of their desire to mark things, but mine still do it sometime too. I used some stuff in a spray can called Pet Away, that you just spray on the area and it helps some. It's only temporary though. Can you bleach the area and the mat or will it ruin it? That might help if you can bleach it. Sorry, I feel your pain but am not much help! In the mean time, just be glad he's using the mat and not the sofa!!

Carol

Ah! A cat lover! - I will have my cat neutered and try some spray. Maybe an electric door Mat might work if the Pet Away spray doesn't work!

Yes, Robin Lee, I am quite the animal nut! I love them all! Hmmmm, electric door mat...that would work well for unwanted visitors too! Good luck with you kitty!

If you get them fixed before they start marking, then they won't do it. Usually once they've started marking, they'll keep doing it even after you get them fixed.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by jimnms:

If you get them fixed before they start marking, then they won't do it. Usually once they've started marking, they'll keep doing it even after you get them fixed.
    True, but even if they've started marking it doesn't smell QUITE as bad if they are neutered. Or does it? Maybe my smeller is just getting old and worn out?

landmines did the trick when the neighbors cat kept doing its business in the kids' sandbox. Want directions? BOOM!

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

Originally posted by ~Patrick~:

landmines did the trick when the neighbors cat kept doing its business in the kids' sandbox. Want directions? BOOM!
    Patrick is that something just makes a noise and scares the cat or a real landmine?

Thanks! Can anybody settle an argument I am having in my house, which is, what is a female and a male cat called?

Cheers Robin

Originally posted by Robin Lee:

Thanks! Can anybody settle an argument I am having in my house, which is, what is a female and a male cat called?

Cheers Robin
    Why, Mr and Mrs's of course

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..