Thread: Went to see a movie - theater had an elevator

Went to see a movie - theater had an elevator

Went to my first post injury movie today. Saw "The Day After Tomorrow" with my brother. Decent flick, bad plot good special effects. Good escapism movie.
    But I learned that some of the newer stadium seating theaters have an elevator so that wheelchair folks can actually have a good seat. This was a Cinemark 24 and 2 of the theaters have elevators that take you up to about 3/4 of the way up. The row had 6 wheelchair spots spread across the width. So it was a mix of seats and open roll in spots.
    I thought I was doomed to the bottom of the screen and was very pleased to discover this. Maybe everbody else knew this already but I thought I would pass it on anyway.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Wow, thats good to know. I never even though about asking if there was an elevator and have just automatically sat in front of the screen in the stadium design places, next time I will look into and if not put in a complaint.

Wow! No theaters in MN have that yet. You're lucky.

I tried looking on Cinemarks website for info on this and couldn't find a thing. So I sent them an email late last night asking about how to better find out which ones have elevators. I will post if/when they respond. In the meantime guess I'll go perusing the other theater homepages.
    Beginning to wonder if I lucked into one of the first ever elevator setups. The Plano suburb area of Dallas is one of the hottest growing areas so maybe it is some kinda test theater.

Later, McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

I am almost positive that the Loew's theater by me has an elevator setup like that, as well. I always forget to check it out when I'm there because I'm usually late, lol.

All of the stadium seating theaters I have been to have it set up so you're in the middle about ten or so rows back. Theres an upper and lower section with a path through the middle with the wheelchair spots on the back row of the lower section and the entrances are on the sides. I didn't get why people people weren't liking the stadium seating but I guess mine are different. In the old school theatres I'd always sit in the very back row which is ok but the stadium theatres usually have better sound and a bigger screen and the seats are bigger so I don't really stick out. I've never been to any theater where I had to sit in the extreme front that would suck, I did go to one stadium theater that was set up a little weird and more compact but I still ended up around the middle.

[This message was edited by Cory on 06-04-04 at 06:20 PM.]

There is an AMC near my house with 24 theaters. There is an elevator for 4 of the theaters that puts you at the back of the middle section (these are the biggest screens). I have to sit near the front in the other theaters. I try to remember to call and find out what time the movie I want to see is showing in the theaters connected with the elevator.

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003