Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Past Life..

Past Life..

Not sure how many of you believe you had a past life or do you believe you live,make your own destiny and thats history.

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

I believe I've had several past lives...the reason I may be in this chair is probably due to something terrible I did before in one of them. Some people think birthmarks are proof or markings from past lives...I have a birthmark the size of a bullet wound directly over my heart. I'm sure it sounds silly to some people, but it makes sense to me. I've read a lot about reincarnation and it just appears more logical and reasonable than the idea heaven.

Live simply, so others may simply live ~Gandhi~

everyone with sci has a past life

I believe in reincarnation and past, future lives.
    It may be a naive way of thinking, but it gives me some comfort to know that I may have a second chance at certain things.

~And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all- Socrates~

I believe in a form of reincarnation, but then again, I believe in a lot of non-standard things. True love and peace, for instance.

-Steven
    ...i heard a little girl, and what she said was something beautiful, to give your love no matter what, is what she said

Yup absolutely I believe in past lives .... if I didn't think "what goes around comes around" was true I couldn't tolerate life! Besides I really want to get this living thing right don't you all???? ..... Bill's SCI has taught me more about myself than I ever wanted to know (just like my kids have) and some of it hasn't been very flattering I'm ashamed to say !!

I'll keep working on it !!

Obieone

I believe in all kinds of crazy things like that. I probably did have one, and I figure I either did something horrendous and I'm being punished now, or I had a really awesome one and now it's time to pay the piper. Heh.

I'm not deaf...I'm just ignoring you!

What's the point of living to your fullest now and trying to do your best to live as best you know how, if you believe you have a second chance in another life. If you believe in this other chance to 'right' wrongs thru perpetual life incarnate, your current incarnation must be this 'other' chance- second, third, fourth... chance infinitum.

If you haven't gotten things right by now, then you probably will never get it right.... that is, given there is some 'right'.

"True Love" and "Peace" may be two of the most conventional beliefs there is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "do not be too moral. you may cheat yourself out of much life. aim above morality. be simply not good; be good for something."

Wow Chick!

Wonderful point.

IMHO, believing in reincarnation does not necessarily mean one should not live life to the fullest of their satisfaction now. The lives don't really seem tied together enough psychologically to be considered as one continuous entity, as would seem necessary for one to have a resulting apathy about their current path of life. If one chooses to be apathetic because they believe in second chances, then that's their decision, but I see nothing wrong with choosing to live life to the fullest now as well, even with a belief in reincarnation. Some people have memories of their supposed past lives, but this seems rare, so therefore it would seem to be pretty important to live the life you remember to its fullest.

I'm not deaf...I'm just ignoring you!