Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of our Houston members?

One of our Houston members?

Just wondering ... around noon today I saw a young man wearing a yellow shirt, in a purple Quickie type chair at Westheimer and Sam Houston Pkwy. Sitting next to a man selling the Sunday Houston Chronicle.

I was flying by on two wheels ... didn't have time to stop, so "howdy!"

flying on westheimer...isnt that houston most busiest street. especially near the galleria.

DA, do you live in Houston? No.

Were you the man I saw at Westheimer and Sam Houston today? No.

Why are you posting in this topic? I do not know.

Are you suggesting something about my driving capabilities? I hope not ...

Houston person, please ignore DA. Those of us who know him love him. He's actually pretty harmless.

BTW, DA, I was no where near the Galleria. Westheimer is a pretty long street. I was just driving like everyone else does in Houston. It's therapeutic!

well you shouldnt be in strange cities picking up strange men. you should find a man in church, or at a library. not on houston streets. i dont want to lecture you. but your behavior is giving me no choice. btw, sam houston and weisheimer is a few blocks from my sister home on kirkwood.

DA, do I have your permission to copy your last reply to "Advice About Men"? The women of this forum NEED your words of wisdom.

I was simply demonstrating some southern hospitality on the boards. I don't pick up men. The crazy ones chase me, but I drive too fast. That's why I was on two wheels earlier today. Those Texas men heard that yet another brilliant, exciting south Louisiana woman (moi) was in town. They lost all control.

Where is a woman safe any more these days?

Generally, women are pretty safe on Westheimer.
    LOL.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

LOL .. yep Beth. You're right. I could spend a lot of happy hours on Westheimer--and a lot of money.

DA, your comment about finding a man in church or at a library: you sound like my mother. I think if there's anywhere I'd "hang out" to meet a man, it would be Home Depot or Auto Zone. My house and car need some repairs.

Hmmm ... speaking of needed repairs, do either of you know where Houston plastic surgeons hang out?

Marth,

I'm a good ol' Texas MAN. We heard that some Louisiana woman was strolling into town and receaded to our Lowe's and O'reilys. Home Depot and Auto Zone are for wana-be's

Originally posted by martha2:

Just wondering ... around noon today I saw a young man wearing a yellow shirt, in a purple Quickie type chair at Westheimer and Sam Houston Pkwy. Sitting next to a man selling the Sunday Houston Chronicle.

I was flying by on two wheels ... didn't have time to stop, so "howdy!"
    Martha, I shouldnt even admit this, but after reading the posts from ppl answering yours, I just realized that you were NOT on a motorcycle. Here I was picturing you for days flying by on two wheels, something like maybe a Harley??? NOW, I realize that you are a crazy Houston driver. I bet you dont even use your turn signal and I bet you think that the solid yellow line means PASS RIGHT NOW!!

Jesse's Mom! ROFL!!! Now be honest ... can you see ME on a Harley??? I hadn't even thought anyone would read that as a motorcycle. I've never been on one in my life. I'm terrified of them!

About my driving. Yes, I have a lead foot, especially in cities like Houston, Atlanta, New Orleans. I love 8 lanes, all the cars and the fast pace. Feel like I'm actually going to get from point A to point B. However, I'm a total turn signal freak! Really, I obsess about my turn signal. Probably overuse it, and I get angry with drivers who don't use theirs. And the double yellow line, that is sacred territory as far as I'm concerned.

Actually I'm rather tame compared to my ex. Some of our worst fights were about his driving: excessive speeding, tailgating while smoking a cigarette and talking on cell phone (this is a quad!). It got to the point I would sit in the passenger with my eyes closed or read, just so I couldn't see what was happening. On one trip we were driving down I-95 (most dangerous interstate in US). The kids and I were napping. Something woke me up and I glanced at the speedometer. He was going 95 mph, following closely behind another car!!!

Booster, I'm glad you've been able to admit that you were one of those crazy Texas men chasing me. I didn't want to reveal your identity here, but I'm sure you feel better now. And I never said I went to those places, but if I were to decided to strategically place myself where a particular breed of man frequents, it would be those places you and I listed. I have met the nicest people there.