Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think.

Tell me what you think.

My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

I tried watching the entire thing but couldn't, mostly because of the overt propagandizing message combined with equally "hit them over the head with the music" background. Their choice, but never would I say that anyone else has to make the same decision, nor would I think any less of someone who chose differently.

I replied:

I can't believe what I'm reading from most of you. This isn't a miracle of god, but an achievement of medical science. Do you not acknowledge that in another time this child would have died? I became a paraplegic at the age of 15 due to malpractice, yet am fully aware before the advent of antibiotics, I would have died any time I'd gotten a UTI. UTIs with neurogenic bladders are not merely burning pee, but complex infections that can cause sepsis and kill you. If your idea of God's miracle is using shunts in your head, then I'm reading a different Gospel than you are. I don't mean to sound ugly in this, but trying to bring a little more realism to the nature of this situation.

Agreed. If left to 'god's will' the child would have died. This is just another example of hypocricy and selective beliefs. If you don't want to interefere with 'god's will' then don't pay a human being to cut him open and reconstruct his anatomy.

macska, didn't you know that you can't post anything good or happiness for someone who actually believes in God on this board, and surely do not speak of conservatism and the sanctity of life........

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I replied:

I can't believe what I'm reading from most of you. This isn't a miracle of god, but an achievement of medical science. Do you not acknowledge that in another time this child would have died? I became a paraplegic at the age of 15 due to malpractice, yet am fully aware before the advent of antibiotics, I would have died any time I'd gotten a UTI. UTIs with neurogenic bladders are not merely burning pee, but complex infections that can cause sepsis and kill you. If your idea of God's miracle is using shunts in your head, then I'm reading a different Gospel than you are. I don't mean to sound ugly in this, but trying to bring a little more realism to the nature of this situation.
    I had a shunt in 1965, at birth, not from my brain, but same type of thing.
    It was experimental then. childrens hospital is the place miracle after miracle happens, God bless shriners, they are angels, and have put in thousands of shunts and saved thousands of lives for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Agreed. If left to 'god's will' the child would have died. This is just another example of hypocricy and selective beliefs. If you don't want to interefere with 'god's will' then don't pay a human being to cut him open and reconstruct his anatomy.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I had a shunt in 1965, at birth, not from my brain, but same type of thing.
    It was experimental then. childrens hospital is the place miracle after miracle happens, God bless shriners, they are angels, and have put in thousands of shunts and saved thousands of lives for many years.
    Jody,

With all due respect, I think our definition of miracle is not the same in this regard. If by miracle, you mean a wonderful thing to preserve life, then yes. If by miracle, you mean a supernatural event that completely cures a disease, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by airart1 View Post
    macska, didn't you know that you can't post anything good or happiness for someone who actually believes in God on this board, and surely do not speak of conservatism and the sanctity of life........
    huh? not sure i understand what u r saying
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Fuuuny!!!