Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: LASIK?

LASIK?

I'm tired of fooling with contacts. I wear Acuvue2 for 2 weeks (sometimes longer) then throw them away and change them. I put drops in when they feel dry and scratchy, but really want LASIK. Has anyone had this? What have been your expieriences? I don't wanta DR to tell me I'm a good candidate just to have the procedure and still need correction.
    Any thoughts?

My sister-in-law and a friend have both had it and love it. I had the radial keratonomy about 12 years ago and I have had great results with that. It is a procedure that was done before they came up with the lasik but I am still glad I didn't wait. My s-in-law went to Canada 'cause it was cheaper.

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us."~~Sartre

hey Andrea, I have a few good friends from college who had it done. I've never heard anything negative about it

My sister had it. One eye turned out good, the other was messed up.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

My boyfriend's father had it, after 6 months his vision returned to the way it was before.

Hey Andrea,

If you are back in Fla, I can put you in touch with my cousin John. He is an optometrist with a group of Dr's who specialize in LASIK.

How you been?

jim

My wife had it done 3 mo's ago...she was 20/50 and 20/55...now she is 20/25 and 20/30...no problems...no contacts...not even reading glasses.

Go for a real professional outfit...not one of the $400 per eye joints...it makes all the difference.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

My older sister got it done. Perfect vision now...no regrets.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown

I had it done, but forgot when, it was either 99 or 2000. I had 20/200 before, and came out with 20/15 in the left eye and 20/20 in the right. But since my accident I haven't been seeing as good. I don't know if my head got messed up, or if it's the drugs or what. I just noticed it when I started getting in a chair and out of the bed. I've been meaning to go to the eye doc.

My sister had it done a couple of years before me. Her eyes were worse than mine. She had 20/20 afterwards, but now her eyes have started going again and she wears glasses. They aren't the huge coke bottle glasses she had before though.

There is an alternative, but I don't think it can be done if your eyes are worse than 20/50. It's an implant which it can be removed or adjusted if needed.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Alan - what do you mean "messed up"?
    I've been wearing the Acuvue2 lenses since before the holidays and am satisfied for the most part, but my eyes get worse and worse. (The L eye is -2.15 and the R eye is -2.25) My brother is DOUBLE that + legally blind w/o his contacts in.
    JLB - Yes, I'll be in S.FL for awhile till I decide on that job offer. E-mail me w/any info. Have you been back down? I was at the Miami Project last week.

Thanks for the replies.