Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randon Acts of Kindness

Randon Acts of Kindness

How about this. I love the idea. On a news show every morning that I watch they are doing random acts of kindness. For instance, today they paid for taxi cab rides for people. Now I am not suggesting that we spend our money to do the 'rak', but I think it would be fun for anyone who wants to play this game to look for someone to help in one way or another and then post here what happened. I dont think it would take long to find someone to help out. Martha, when you said that the guy let the door shut in your face, it made me nuts. There have been times when Randy will stand at the door for a group of people and they will not even have the courtesy to turn back to say thanks. So, lets look ... dont think it will be too hard to do something to help, even as simple as holding the door for someone.

I have paid for the car behind me at Mcdonalds. I didn't even look back to see the reaction or even who was behind me. For the $5 or so that it cost it makes for a good story.

Originally posted by canuck-off:

I have paid for the car behind me at Mcdonalds.
    I like that 'rak'. Being in the chair, I've noticed myself feeling helpless at times because I couldn't do something physically to help people....ie- help pick something up that someboody dropped, hold open a door, help a mom with her hands full, etc. This is something that I can do from the comfort of my car. And I know it would make me smile if my lunch was paid for out of the blue!

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Before EZ pass I'd pay for the toll of the car behind me.

Once it was a Mercedes w/ a very handsome man..........he caught up.....and...

On pay-day me and the boys would pool up a little cash find a gas station and fill up the first vehicle that pulled in behind us.That however could be fairly expensive endeavour these days..

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..

Im in a W/C and i still go out of my way to hold the door open for AB ppl. That must be my great dad rubbing off on me.

Thanks MOM and DAD for making me the person im today.

Originally posted by canuck-off:

I have paid for the car behind me at Mcdonalds. I didn't even look back to see the reaction or even who was behind me. For the $5 or so that it cost it makes for a good story.
    I bet they still charged the driver behind you and pocketed the cash.

I was always the nice hold the door open for anybody person. Friends always called me when they needed help, or complete strangers called me because they heard I had helped someone else. Being somewhat gifted at computers, word got around campus fast that I was the person to call.

Being in this chair has kind of turned me bitter. I hate having to rely on other people for help now, because I usually can't get any. I liked being independent. I don't like other people holding doors for me, or thinking they need to help me. Most people will hold the door open for me because I'm in a chair, but I still put on a fake smile and thank them for it. I can't stand it when people offer to push me. I know their trying to be nice. One woman at the grocery store started pulling my shopping cart. I tried nicly telling her that I could do it myself, but she kept pulling. I was starting to get a little ticked off because I was trying to stop and she kept pulling.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Jim I can personally vouch for the fact that McDonalds--at least the one I went to--gave me the food free when a car in front of me did that. It made my day ... renewed my faith in my fellow wo/man.

Kisses to all you men who hold the door open, even for "strange" women like me.

Bee, after meeting your husband, I have no doubt he has the kindness and chivalry of a prince.

jimnms,
    I can understand that you wouldnt want to be pushed. I know Jesse hates it if I tried to push him in the chair. Same with your shopping cart. But please dont think that anytime anyone does something to be kind to you is simply because you are in the chair. We hold doors open for people all the time...old or young...it is just common courtesy.

Ok, I have two raks to report. I put on 400 miles yesterday and looked hard to help someone out. I ended up giving a little boy in the Walmart parking lot a sucker with his mom right there, I might add. And then I obsessed about what a stupid thing that was to do since it might have taught him to accept candy from a stranger and also, I worried about him choking on the gum inside the sucker. See, this proves what a worrier I am. So, then we had dinner at Chilis and we did good. We gave the server a very good tip. She was getting ready to go into the Air Force so it was very easy to help her out.