Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you have half an hour to spare, here is an interesting interview with Ben Carson

If you have half an hour to spare, here is an interesting interview with Ben Carson

Last year, I interviewed Ben Carson, the pediatric neurosurgeon from Johns Hopkins... there is a surprise in the interview. Wise.

http://www.researchchannel.org/progr...t.asp?rid=1981

Wise, I must have missed the surprise...what were you referencing?

Originally posted by gettinup:

Wise, I must have missed the surprise...what were you referencing?
    I missed it as well. On a side note, I am in total agreement of his view on religion - very well said.

-Lewis

Wise, thanks so much for sharing this with us. It was absolutely fascinating. The surprise must be that Dr. Carson is a creationist instead of an evolutionist? His arguments for his beliefs were presented in such a loving, gentle but logical and educated way. How can you help but listen to him?

I could sense your personal admiration and respect for this man. I share it. I read much of his book "Gifted Hands" when it first came out years ago. However there was something about his voice and demeanor that was inspiring--more so than just reading his words on a page. So gentle, so humble, so at peace with himself. What an experience to sit down and talk to such a great man.

And if you have a chance, can you expound more on the "intelligence of the hands"? That was fascinating. Thanks again.

martha got it. Ben Carson, a professor of pediatric neurosurgery in the bastion of western medicine (Johns Hopkins) argues against evolutionary theory. His suggestion that he sees a lot of deformed people in his practice and that such people die and leave their bones is very original. He definitely is an outside of the box thinker. Wise.

i also thought it was interesting that he believes in creation, yet is not religious. very unique!

Dr. Carson is brilliant, and is eloquent in his assessment of organized religion. I know that comment will strike a nerve with some but I understand exactly where he is coming from. Being a person of faith does not mean you give up your ability to think for yourself. If anything bolsters his success its that decision to not be controlled by others. That is a powerful life lesson.

Mary

PS..Wise, as always..nice suit, great tie

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

I really enjoyed this interview. Of course, now I have to buy his book. I sent this link on to my manager and my chief engineer so they can have a listen and maybe learn something.

Nice tie, wise. Let me guess, your wife picked it out.

Dr. Wise and Martha...this is not surprising to me...this is what black people would call keeping it real. It matters not what area or course of education a black person may choose to endeavor...I believe tht you would find most to be a strong believer and relyer (excuse the vocab) on God. I almost would argue that it is intrinsic...but I don't wanna start any sh*t. Or maybe I already have.
    Originally posted by Wise Young:

martha got it. Ben Carson, a professor of pediatric neurosurgery in the bastion of western medicine (Johns Hopkins) argues against evolutionary theory. His suggestion that he sees a lot of deformed people in his practice and that such people die and leave their bones is very original. He definitely is an outside of the box thinker. Wise.

gettin, that was a very strange remark. 1. it's obvious stereotyping, and 2. belief in God and evolution is not mutually exclusive. the interesting point about ben carson is, given his educational background and field, he argues against the theory of evolution.