Thread: High Quads: give me career advice please!

High Quads: give me career advice please!

Hi everyone, I'm a 23 -year-old C4/5 quad currently halfway through Information Systems degree by distance, part-time. The more I get into it though the more I realise I don't want to be doing/won't be physically able to do the sort of jobs that it leads to, and there is also not much chance of those jobs being available in my town of 25,000 people. I figure I'm going about it the wrong way, I should identify just what sort of jobs are out there realistically, pick one that sounds good, then do the study/training to get there.

So, anyone have any suggestions? What have other people of a similar level as me managed to do? I want to be doing something, and eventually pay back at least some of the tax dollars that I use up, and I really would like to think I could get a job in the future that I had to actually use my brain for.

Thanks

*I hate programming so that's off the list

Tank , any interest in something like Accounting or Law ? are you trying to avoid a career that involves mostly computer work [such as accounting ]? there are some education jobs that might work , though with the size of your town i doubt there is any opportunities . perhaps training that might lead to administration in your local council or a similar organization.
    thank you ,
    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .

I'm after something that is pretty much solely computer work I guess, because that's about all I can do anyway. I was thinking about maybe something in the financial services, accounting could be an option. Ideally I would want to work behind the scenes, because I'm pretty useless on the phone and wouldn't be able to deal directly with customers well.
    And I think there is no way I would pass a law degree, I've seen what my friends do and I just wouldn't have the motivation to do the work as my heart wouldn't be it.
    Fussy and disabled don't go well together

hey tank, im 23 and doing CIS too. im burned out, looking into rehab counseling.

I'm really to young to make any decisive ideas about what I want to do with my life. I WAS planning to be a pro soccer player
    I'm looking at a variety of options for school, so I would just say find something you're passionate about. Don't get discouraged.
    Kim