Thread: Easter column

Easter column

Easter Column

Enjoy,
    Rusty

Rusty, you and I have grown up in similar towns at the same time. However it still amazes me: Our Easter attire was provided by Sears & Roebuck and Buster Brown shoes too. But my parents weren't nearly cool enough to have an 8-track tape player, much less be listening to Simon and Garfunkel! Thanks again for the memories.

Just say'n 'HAPPY EASTER'' to u Rusty 'n Martha, aaand to ALL else. Have a nice day. Free .

Rusty...

You did it again...gave me memories I had long since buried...

I remember going to Sears with MY Mom to get that perfect Easter dress...and "like Mother, like Daughter"...our dresses had to match, or at least blend...and certainly NOT clash!

I remember the Buster Brown shoes too...there was a special bench "just" for trying on Buster Brown shoes...

Oh, and we also needed an easter hat...and a new pocketbook! LOL

And all of that preparation to show up on Easter Sunday, in a pew at church...and sing and hear the story of Jesus...

Lifetime memories, Rusty...thanks for sharing your column with us...

Happy Easter and God bless you!

Teena

Rusty;

Thank you for giving us all a link to your columns. I, too, wore Buster Brown shoes! By the way, Happy Birthday!

John

Hey Teena,

Remember the white patent leather purses with the flowers in the front? We also had to have matching shoes, and the hat with the streamer...sigh....I remember swinging my legs from the pew in church and getting a nudge...

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

Another good one Rusty! Every year I wanted pastel ruffles. Every year my mom told me I looked ridiculous in pastel ruffles...sigh. Poor me Thanks.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Originally posted by Betheny:

Another good one Rusty! Every year I wanted pastel ruffles. Every year my mom told me I looked ridiculous in pastel ruffles...sigh. Poor me Thanks.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
    I bet you look good in (or out of) just about anything. <wink>

EVERYONE:
    Thank you for the kind responses.

Rusty

[This message was edited by Rusty Van Reeves on 04-12-04 at 07:11 PM.]