Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired of this shit

I'm so tired of this shit

I've just had a very shitty weekend. I don't think words can describe how I pissed off I am right now. I'm just so sick of having to depend on others to get by.

I guess this shit's been stacking up for a while and I just can't hold it in any longer. My mom had surgery not too long ago, and she's not supposed to be driving. We've been haing to rely on my sister's to do things for us, but latley she's always too "busy" or tired to do anything for us.

I've got a couple of prescriptions that I've been trying to get filled for a week now. I had run completely out of one Saturday. I also was getting low on gel for cathing and gloves for my BP. Not to mention we have practically no food in the house.

There was an easter egg hunt thing that she was taking my 16 month old niece to. She wanted us to come to and watch and for me to take pictures with my camera. I figured she could swing by the drug store and get my medicine after that was over, and maybe a few groceries. I guess it was too much to ask because she completely freaked out when we asked. My mom ended up having to go to the drug store to get my medicine, and pay thier rediculous price for the gloves and gel which we can get cheaper at the grocery store.

Because we have no food in the house, she's also been going to drive through fast food places every night, and I'm sick of eating nasty greesy fast food.

I was also supposed to go wo this "fly in" at the RC airfield with a friend Saturday. I guess he "forgot" about me. I was going to go watch and take pictures, he had a couple of planes he wanted to fly. I drug my ass out of bed at 4am so I could be ready because he said he wanted to get there and register at 7am.

I didn't hear from him till later that night when he sent me an IM telling me I missed a great show. I didn't say anything, I just logged off. He leaves me a message that he's going back today at 8am if I wanted to go. So once again I drag my ass out of bed at 5am to get ready, and once again I don't hear from him.

I've been wanting to get a car so I can be a little more independent, but once again I have to rely on someone else to take me car shopping which at this rate will never happen. I just want to run away, but I can't, I'm going to be stuck in this hell forever.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Hang in there man. Eventually things will get better. You just can't let it all get you down, and definitely not to the giving up point as that's no good for anyone.

When it rains it pours man. It's not fair, but it's just the way it is. Eventually the sun does shine again though.

Tim

PS: I'd damn sure tell your "friend" what he's done.

So sorry that you are going through such a rough time. Know exactly what you mean, Jimnms. Have been having to deal with that lately. My dl has expired and need to re-take the test again. My truck needs repairs, inspection and registration sticker, plus my liability insurance before I can get my test. GRRRR. Therefore, can't get to do much w/o having to ask someone to take me. Grocery shopping? My son does that for me when he is off work(works in convenience store). Anyways, I can relate to your frustration. Hopefully, things will change for you and I soon. Bad days will come, thing is not to let them drag you down.

As to your friend, I would have done the same but with one difference. I would have told him thanks for not showing up and not to ask me again when he did it the second time.

Raven

Yep, that sounds like it really sucks. Your post brought to mind shopping for supplies, and I thought that I would throw this out...Mail order. Much better deal, and they deliver, plus you can 'stock up'. I like this: Quality gloves for cheap Hope things get better!

Actually, I would also look into ordering as many of your medications on-line as you can, and even your mom's too. Andy had a good idea for the medical supplies, most people I know do this. I am not sure what major grocery stores exist where you live, but do any of your larger chain stores have an on-line ordering and delivery system? Several of the stores here do, and even if you did not always utilize it, you can further avoid ever having no food in the house.

I Hope you feel better soon,

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

i hope this week is better...hang in there, once you get the car, your quality of life should be better, i hope..peace

I hear ya man! It sucks depending on people. I would drop that so called "friend" like a bad habit. Hang in there.

Sorry your weekend sucked.

Find out a pharmacy, store that delivers..my local grocery delivers, they take a fax order. Call and see if yours does.

Maybe you need to have help, give your mom a break and you some more independence....hire a driver for a few bucks...is there para transit in your area?

We all have crappy, literally, days. Aides that don't show up, sitting in crap for hours, lying on a floor for a day, no heat, parents aging, catheters that clog and give AD and no one is around,no money for rent,realizing your friends move on and if you don't start moving you'll be stuck in your own rut forever,last suppository as you didn't take responsibility to see whats needed, stuck vans, powerchairs zipping outta control..the list goes on....

Then there's always tomorrow and the hope the weather will get warmer!

I havent posting much lately, and havent really had too much extra time to read here either, but I did read your post jimnms, and I just felt like I had to tell you how vivid your post sounded. I dont know you but wanted to say I am sorry you are having such a bad time with it. Also, I cant imagine your sister not taking the time to help out. Unbelievable.

i didn't know u could say shit(-ty) or piss(-ed) here!

i hope your mother improves.

-- online prescriptions and supplies
    -- gel? use vaseline.
    -- food? oh, c'mon...they deliver pizza in MS!
    over-tip the pizza guy...he'll go to the store and get non-perishables for your mom and u that u can use in a pinch

be glad your mother loves u enough to go and get your food...u're blessed, u know...

i'm sorry...there will be other "fly ins," tho...

regarding a car...where do u live in MS?

a church would help your mom and u -- they've helped me...

joy
    "You've got to learn to love the little things in life in order to be happy, like a sip of whiskey in the evening or a beautiful morning sunrise."
    ~Gus McRae, "Lonesome Dove"