Thread: Leg bag and shorts

Leg bag and shorts

How do. you hide/camoflage a leg bag when ou wear shorts? What about a leg bag emptier, can it be discretely connected?
    Summer is coming and I haven't worn shorts in almost 4years so shield your eyes when my pasty white legs are in sight!

I always wear shorts down here in Florida. I use a sport bag which easily fits under the shorts. It's a bit smaller than a regular bag, but it works great for me. You can't tell it's there.

Scott , i wear shorts nearly everyday . i use a disposable 2 litre overnight bag .
    i coil the extra piping into a loop tucked under my shorts waist band , and put the bag in my pocket . i leave my shirt untucked and this covers the piping into the pocket . only problem i had was some brands of bags have softer piping prone to kinking , i now use ''Q Drains'' bags . to empty them i simply disconnect and tip them up [these bags do not have a one way valve , a feature i found causes untold problems and i remove one way valves from the leg bags i use .]
    thank you ,
    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .

Some people swear by the "belly bag." They wear them 24/7. And find them easier to empty than leg bags.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

There are several manufacturers of Sports bags that are designed to go across your thigh and can be covered by longer shorts. You can still use your leg bag opener with these as well, but will have to "snake" the tubing along your leg rest or along the back of your leg. The sports bags do hold less urine (about 15 oz. usually).

Here are a couple of resources:

Urocare

Mentor/Alpine

(KLD)

The only problem with latex is the smell it gives off when it's hot outside. You might want to try those spandex shorts that people wear under athletic shorts and just cut the leg off and slide it over your thigh bag. They come in different colors so they could blend in with your shorts. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info everyone.
    Now for a stupid question...
    What "side" do you use for your left leg?
    Does it connect directly to the catheter, or do you use a small extension tube?

Originally posted by SlomoScott:

...Does it connect directly to the catheter, or do you use a small extension tube?
    I connect it directly to my cath. You will probably have to do a little experimenting with the positioning to get it the way you want.