Thread: Do You Remember ... ?

Do You Remember ... ?

I was wondering if anyone here can recall exactly how the weather was on the day of their sci. Mine was on a beautiful summer day. The date and the memories of that day are still so vivid to me up to this day. I can still almost feel the warmth of the evening and the happiness I felt before my sci. The memory of getting on the swings in the park and swinging on them are almost something I can touch. I wonder if anyone feels this way at any time now. Incredible how things can change so quickly. One minute you are so full of sheer happiness and joy and the next minute you are on the edge of death.

Anyway, these thoughts and feelings just keep coming back tonite and make me feel kind of sad. Hope I dont' bring anyone down. I know I will be all right tomorrow. Just needed to let them out.

Raven

Raven,

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Love,

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

Think about how the weather was the first time you went out after your injury. For me that first day outside after being trapped in a hospital bed for 3-4 weeks was great. I do remember the weather on the day but it was not that long ago and due to my accident I had a good time to know it well. Hope all is well for you.

Yes, I remember lying in my vehicle getting rained on!

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

I can totally relate, Raven. It was a brilliantly clear and warm early summer day when I was injured. It was dusk and that nice breeze was just starting to fill the air at the party. I can remember everything about that night, right down to the smallest details: the saltiness of the potato chips, the refreshing splash of the water in the pool, the feeling of my chin scraping on the bottom of the pool as I hit. There's no question it's the most vivid few hours of my life. Stay strong, okay? writing this sort of made me choke up a little myself, and I hate to see anyone else depressed
    Kim

Okay, I think I feel a bit better today. All these feelings seemed to come more fresh after reading Toma's thread, "Living a lie". It made me start thinking how at times the sadness can still come creeping back into my days. I believe that I have somehow managed to go on with my life in spite of what happened, but then there are days when it all comes back again. The thing is that I know that I have been very blessed or call it lucky if you will, with so many things in my life. These things are something that at one time I didn't think they would exist for me. Now, I have known the joy of having them and am happy that I have.

My son and d-i-l were talking yesterday about these kind of days and she said something that made stop for a min. She mentioned the day that Yasmine had passed away. She brought the fact that she had felt so happy at having the girls and my son in her life and how great everything seemed to be going well for them. She said these words, "Even though I am AB, I still am not always happy". She told me how she still grieves for the loss of our angel and is certain she will never completely feel as she used to before we lost her. She said that no matter if you are AB or not, people may still have unhappiness at some time in their lives. It made me realize that no matter who or what we are, we always have days like that that really suck(pardon the expression).

I can't say that I will be happy every single day of my life. That I won't ever feel sad or remember all these memories, but I think I will be able to deal with them better next time. At least I hope so.

So again, I hope I didn't make anybody feel down with my thoughts and feelings when I posted this thread. Forgive me if I did.

Canuck, I appreciate your suggestion and thank you for it. It was 3.5 mo that I was in the hospital and to get out of there was the best day ever, even if it had been gloomy and dark. Thanks for bringing that thought up to me. BTW, it was also a warm, sunny day.

Emi, I think you have done very well with your life after SCI. Plus the fact that you have also had blessings rained on you with your beautiful Violet. Take good care of her and enjoy her. She is soooo awesome.

Kimber, hope it gets a bit better for you too.

Thanks for the hugs, Mary. We all need them at
    times don't we?

Sorry for the long post and thank you all for your replies and sharing with me.

Raven

Well it was fairly warm that morning, I had made plan's to drive my new truck to work. But i thought I might just get 1 more day to ride my mororcycle. I really loved to ride, but going in it was about 5:50 am when I was the only one going east on the hi-way when I was meeting 3 cars coming at me. The first went by just fine and then about 25 feet in front of me a car was making a left hand turn right in front of me. Turned out to be a 83 yr old lady, Said she was going to get her grandson breakfast, he is only in his 20's.
    The next thing I remember was hitting her car, and just this hurting kind of feeling, then it was real quiet. As I came to a stop from sliding I treid to get up but the only thing I could move was my head. There was a man from the 3rd car there, he told me "Lay still buddy the ambulance is on the way" right then I just looked up at the sky, it was just about to start to get daylight, the star's where still shinning. After the ambulance got there I told them my back was broken but they kinda laughed and said "what makes you think that?" I told them I had done it when I was 13 and knew what it felt like. They took all the precaution's and taped my head down, but when they put me on that backboard,just from being moved, I don't remember anything after that.
    If only the teaching hospital that had a trauma center they flew me too had only listened to my complaining they might have found it instead of me going through a general rehab and coming home before my burst fracture was found.
    But now I think back and remember just how lucky I am to be alive! I am still learning after about 1 1/2 yrs how to cope with my life. The one thing that keep's me in check is my beautiful Lady, my wife she is my angel
    Just thought I would tell a little of my story hope I have not bored anyone!!!!
    Thank's
    Duge

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02