Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you reread your posts?

Do you reread your posts?

I am by no means implying that I write perfectly, but I get a sense that many people do not reread their posts before publishing. Is this true? And if it is, does this bother you?

I realize that most of us have a handicap, but this is not golf. Many posts I come across are very difficult to read as a result of grammar, punctuation, etc. Does this cause you to question the credibility of the information and the person who wrote it?

-Lewis

Jeg leser over hele tiden men siden jeg ikke er så kjempeflink i engelsk så kanskje du kan gå over til å skrive norsk i steden.

Jeg ser fram til en hyggelig debatt

Originally posted by woman from Europe:

Jeg leser over hele tiden men siden jeg ikke er så kjempeflink i engelsk så kanskje du kan gå over til å skrive norsk i steden.

Jeg ser fram til en hyggelig debatt
    Jeg nyter en god vits aber De skriver på engelsk.

-Lewis

i rarely strive for perfection in my writing here, sometimes i will run it through the spell checker, sometimes if its 2am or 3am and i have been awoken by pain, and am writing as the pain meds take effect , who knows what will show up
    i dont worry about the punctation grammer etc, as long as i can understand the message they are trying to convey is all that mattters.
    i have a harder time trying to correctly understand someone feelings or emotions when they are writing certain things, some people come off very harsh and judgemental, they actually may not have meant it that way, but the written word its hard to see the facial expressions, or sound of voice that helps express the correct message.

Originally posted by metronycguy:

i rarely strive for perfection in my writing here, sometimes i will run it through the spell checker, sometimes if its 2am or 3am and i have been awoken by pain, and am writing as the pain meds take effect , who knows what will show up
    i dont worry about the punctation grammer etc, as long as i can understand the message they are trying to convey is all that mattters.
    i have a harder time trying to correctly understand someone feelings or emotions when they are writing certain things, some people come off very harsh and judgemental, they actually may not have meant it that way, but the written word its hard to see the facial expressions, or sound of voice that helps express the correct message.
    Although I do not agree with your writing style, it's one hell of an art form .

-Lewis

I enjoy a good joke, too. *LOL* Who taught you?

[/QUOTE]Jeg nyter en god vits aber De skriver på engelsk.

-Lewis[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by woman from Europe:

I enjoy a good joke, too. *LOL* Who taught you?
    This is the funny part: http://www.freetranslation.com/

-Lewis

I know that link.

The translation is bad there, i have tried

Yes Lewis it does cause me to question the credibility of the information provided.

Grammar, punctuation and a well thought out response carry much more weight with me than without.

Noone cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

Lack of concern for grammar and punctuation tells me immediately that the writer doesn't care enough about the reader to make his/her message or thought as clear and concise as possible.

Some may complain that their disability or lack of function hinders their ability to write correctly but simply I look at Steven Edwards, who as a very high quad, writes clearly, concisely and thoughtfully. Others should follow his lead.

My guess is that most "others" are too lazy or apathetic.

Shall I completely disregard your post then, Chris, because it contains punctuation errors and poor sentence structure?