Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: no run-ons, just come-ons, as in, uh, ladies COME ON and give me a kiss!!!

Hello Heather-

Fitzgerald was good at using symbolism. Remember when Gatsby reunited with Daisy at Nick's house-- Nick walked into the room and Gatsby was leaning against a broken time piece staring at Daisy-- it was like his life was on hold until that moment, now it was picking up where it left off. When you read that passage it's almost like you can hear that clock ticking again.

I'm attached to the story on a sentimental level, 18 years ago my life came to an abrupt halt--like a clock stopping--a lot of it still remains there, buried beneath the years of paralysis. I still have my snow and water skis, my football and basketball have been left exactly like they were when I was hurt. I have other more personal things left unchanged too. I don't cling to them, nor do I let them hold me back from living life in the now. But somewhere in the dust of my mind, that person and those dreams still live, and i'm just not ready to give them up, yet.

Hello RDF-

I don't think you can make an accurate judgement of a person by counting the number of post they make. Half of mine are a sentence or two. It takes but a minute to type. I'm sure others can say the same. You don't dip your toe into a lake, and say you can measure its depth by doing so.

"I don't think you can make an accurate judgement of a person by counting the number of post they make"

Who's judging people billy? I think you got your threads mixed up. The above quote sounds like you were trying to reply to the cc crutch thread.

In that thread I wasn't judging people, that's bizarre. I just mentioned that one way we can all check to see how much time we spend on posting to threads here is to look at our number of posts. It wasn't judgemental in the least. I don't know how you got that from what I said.

Sometimes people don't realize the amount of time they spend doing something. I was just pointing out a way that a person can guage how often they come here and post, and if that's what they expected to find. They might adjust from there, or not.

I know I was surprised at the number of my posts. I surely don't remember posting ~450 times ...I would have guessed I'd posted about 50-75 times, considering how busy I've been the last few years. Each individual can use their number as a gauge, that's all.

I hope spring has arrived in your part of the country. It never left here

-peace

I realized I mixed the threads up after I posted it. I was paying too much attention to the movie I was watching. The Missing--it was an excellent movie.

I guess I did misunderstand you. I meant judging people as far as the amount of time they spend here by viewing the number of post they make. Obviously you weren't judging anyone.

Sorry Buckwheat for contaminating your thread with my babbling.