I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this on but here goes. My 21 year old son (T12 incomplete) was injured in a fall 2.5 years ago, sustaining severe head injuries & requiring a right temporal lobectomy. Since that time he has gone from strength to strength and now walks reasonable distances with one stick, rarely using his chair.

However, on Feb 1 this year he suffered a tonic-clonic seizure for the first time. We hoped at the time it was more as a result of a heavy drinking session the night before than anything else, although scar tissue was mentioned as a possible cause. Unfortunately he's since gone on to have 3 more fits (no alcohol involved), two of them despite being on a low dose of Sodium Vaproate (now increased). He's due an EEG this Friday.

I suspect my question is going to be greeted with a no, but is there any possibility that any of this could be related to the fact that since around Christmas he's been walking differently (easier/better) as a result of wearing an improved splint on his left foot? He used to mostly walk with two sticks, for short distances, before the new splint.

Thanks for any help.

Mum (in the UK)

Life is what happens to us while we're making other plans. - John Lennon