Thread: NURSING AND PERSONAL CARE HOMES ABUSE AND NEGLECT

NURSING AND PERSONAL CARE HOMES ABUSE AND NEGLECT

I had read the post about the disbled women who was abused in a nursing home.
    Being a advocate for elderly and the diasbled and having lived in 13 nursing homes and 3 peronal care hmes and having closed two nursing homes and one personal care homes because of abuse and neglect. it is not uncommon for abuse and neglect cases to last this long to investigate.

It is our poor regulatory system the politicians the state and federal agencies will tell you-as he tell residents that were abused neglected or their family members after the resident died from abue and or neglect that they do not have enough staff to investigate some complaints.
    This in itself a crime because abuse and neglect are just that a crime. It should be look aopn i this matter only, No Congressmen/women or state representative or Senator will ever be a resident in a nursing and personal care home, as you and I surely will. This is a problem in itself, because they don't fear these institions f abuse and neglect because we pay for their excellent care while we recieve sub-standad care.
    Our problems are we need new laws that truly protect residents and the staff that reports abuse and neglect.
    I had been investigating and reporting these crimes along with host of others only to be treated like a dog, I started my own agenc because of poor state and fedral regulations agency comentment to investigate abuse and neglect of my complaints and of theresidents i livewd with.

wendell fears

wendell
    wanted to welcome you to carecure and say that I defininately agree.

Even if your body cannot move, you can still think and meditate ~Dalai Lama~

Wendell.
    I admire you for doing what you're doing. Keep up the good work. WR

Another good way to do something, visit the nursing homes in your neighborhoods.
    Make it a habit to check them out. Does it smell of urine? Are the patients clean?
    wendell fears

sub standard care

i agree with you. i used to work at white haven center. they wanted to close it also. it costs more money than keeping individuals in the private sector, less qualified people less wages, my guess is that is the case with that poor soul in that group home. hopefully someone will offer those two women who were caring for her a drink spiked with urine. again its money the haves and the have nots.

You can also talk to your local representatives and politicians.

Angry politicains don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv View Post
    You can also talk to your local representatives and politicians.
    Bob Casey was our state Auditor General in charge of our state's regulatory agency and he blew of the resident's family members when they complained to him. Our Senators and Congressmen do not care because we pay to make sure they will never be a resident in nursing homes. They receive the best care and get the private rooms in hospitals when they get ill. The average Joe gets dogged and its because of poor regulations and poor investigations in the cases of abuse and neglect. I watched at least 50 residents die from abuse or neglect several were starved to death. When I complained the people responsible for investigating the complaints made me out to be a bipolar patient to discredit my complaints, they are called surveyors whom are registered nurses.

What made it sad, politicians sat at one of the nursing homes board of directors one was the chief magistrate, and some were doctors. I had one doctor tell me they have a saying, if you hate a patient put him/her in a nursing home. That speaks volumes.
    I wrote Senators, Congressmen, city mayors, county executives and they did nothing.
    The only time they seem to care if they are up for re-elections or if the media was called, or sadly if a resident died from being beaten up or wondered of and was found dead.
    wendell fears