There is a new web site that some doctors have put together to keep track of - and publicize the names of - patients who have sued for malpractice: http://doctorsknow.us/index.php

The apparent purpose of this is to allow doctors to "screen" patients they consider "litigious", ie., someone who has brought a malpractice case. It appears to be a way to intimidate consumers.

It is interesting that consumers still can not get into the National Practitioner Database, but these doctors can put consumer names on a list somewhere (which we also can't get into).

I cant tell you how horrid it was for me to be denied care by doctors because of HOW I was hurt!!
And Even in getting cleared to drive or other issues because I was "red flagged" in my medical files as being 'litigious"

I didnt understand it at the time..How could they betray a trust EVEN more?? I was devasted and brought to emotional lows by even more lack of honor in a profession I still held regard for.

PLEASE PLEASE know..this isnt against ALL doctors...It took me a bit of time but I found good ones HEck it was yet another doc that saved me!
Not to mention..when I had lost faith in the medical profession Wise and KLD restored my faith.
This is only commentary on how unjust the medical system CAN be...NOT all doctors!

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other