Thread: Bathroom pictures?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bathroom pictures?

I'm thinking about how to design a wheelchair accessible bathroom from scratch. Does anyone have any pictures or design layout ideas? Particularly the placement of the toilet and the roll in shower. I have ideas of what I want, but not how to incorporate everything where it is accessible, convenient use of space, and nice-looking at the same time.

Robin~ Take a look here at Clippers DiaryThere are some recent photos as well as a description of her bathroom.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Here are some pictures of mine. They really didn't have much to work with. The original bathroom was very small, so they had to knock down the wall between it and the closet and make some of it into the bathroom and to allow for a bigger door.

The sink and toilet were left in the same place, and the shower head was moved over to the center of the shower space.

The only thing I don't like is there is no storage space, other than the shelves behind the mirror and the cabinet above the toilet, which I can't reach.

It was done by VR, so I didn't have much say in the design process.

Click here for a 180° panoramic view of it. It's a large file though.

My mom hates the floor. We did get to pick it out. It's grey tile with speckle things in it, but they used grey grout which makes it look like a big concrete floor, and where the tile meets the wall it looks dirty because of the color. These pictures were taken a couple of days after it was finished.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Here's a pic of mine. I've got a celing lift to transfer from my chair->bed->toilet->shower->bathtub.

Here are a couple. We gutted a combination (separate rooms) stall shower/toilet area and an adjoining vanity walk-in closet to do this:

The wallhung sink is to the left out of the picture, and storage shelves are directly behind the photographer. We also have a ceiling track lift, obviously.

(KLD)