Thread: DRIVING FROM MANUAL CHAIR - any ideas for head restraint?

DRIVING FROM MANUAL CHAIR - any ideas for head restraint?

DRIVING FROM MANUAL CHAIR - any ideas for head restraint?

I am getting ready to install an EZlock system in my van but am a little concerned about a rear end collision. Has anyone come up with a head restraint system for a manual chair in the drivers postion, or for any other position in a van for that matter?

EM

If possible,could you transfer to your van's seat. I think this would be much safer and more comfortable for you.

Your concern is well founded. There is no question that a properly adjusted head rest/restraint minimizes injury/risks in a rear end collision. Yet, I have not seen any head rests / restraints in vehicles driven by people from their chairs or know if it exists.

The freedom/privilege of driving carries risks. Well worth it imo. Don't let this issue stop you. Driving independently will enhance your quality of life and outlook beyond words.

Best advice... Check Your Six! Fighter pilot parlance for Watch Your Rear! Use your mirrors. Keep your eyes moving. Leave yourself an out. Leave space between car in front at stops so you can take off and around if need be to avoid car crashing your rear end. Drive defensively.

Enjoy the open road!

Investigate the B&D or Ricon power seat bases.

Thanks for replies. I have been doing the transfer thing to a Ricon seat for about three weeks and it is OK, but it is still a pain. I think it is harder than when I used to transfer into my S10, but I can no longer drive it because of recent surgery. Plus my pants get all screwed up and if a lot of transferring is done through out the day the pants are all most off.

Just pulling up to the steering wheel seems to be the best way and I am probably am gonna go that way--just hope I never get hit from behind...

EM