Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please do not make fun

Please do not make fun

I ask you simply not to make fun of God.

If this is going to happen I will and probably alot of other's will leave this forum

duge

I feel like that is a very reasonable request. While I'm all for freedom of speech, I think we all should use some compassion when we speak. Whether or not someone's spiritual choices, or lack of them, are the same as mine, I feel that a person has made those choices because they are important to the person. What is important to a person is something that is close to their heart. And the heart of my fellow beings is very important to me. I don't know what has been said to prompt you to make this request, but whatever it was, I am sorry it was said. I just wanted you to know, that I for one, support you in this. What non-spiritual people may not understand is that when they make fun of another's spirituality, they are making fun of someone/something that person loves. Much like making fun of someone's wife, child, mother, etc. It hurts that person. Is the hurt this causes really worth a cheap laugh? It's small minded. It's narrow. It's base. People who don't have anything worthwhile to say, spew crap just to fill the silence. I think that silence is preferable.

Being a religious person I would never poke fun at the subject. Not everyone will feel the same though.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown

X
    you got the meaning exactly!
    november I know not everyone will but it is a very cheap shot for anyone to make. we don't make fun of thing's they belevie in so they should not either But I know the rest of the world does not think the same Thank's for your reply's It's nice to know your not the only one with those feeling's
    Thank's
    Duge

I forgot to put this in but I have grown to very much care for alot of people here And I am the type not only to stand up for myself but for my Freind's also!!!

Originally posted by duge:

I forgot to put this in but I have grown to very much care for alot of people here And I am the type not only to stand up for myself but for my Freind's also!!!
    Will we have alot in common then dont we! ''Please do not make fun'' who made fun? Ya know man it was a wee joke! Ive nothin against ''THE BIG FELLA'' im sorry did that hurt! My God has a sense of humour,enjoys a cold case of Keiths on a saturday night,likes his chicken spicy and enjoys partaking in the herb.Thats my god he's a pretty groovy dude,but i suppose yours would send me to hell.Oh will my Gods got my back or wait a minute what are the chances are Gods are the same? Theres a scary thought for you eh man What if your the one gettin it all wrong

''In a world called catastrope my native tongue is blasphomy''

WTF???

Duge...I don't know what this post is referring to, but if you post your religious beliefs, you're going to have to be prepared to get opposing views. You cannot have it both ways.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

Originally posted by duge:

I ask you simply not to make fun of God.

If this is going to happen I will and probably alot of other's will leave this forum
    GOOFY POST, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS..
    START THUMPING YOUR BIBLE, THEN THE OPPOSING VIEWS WILL COME

i completely agree with duge and X. we all have our religious views and should not make fun of it. Making fun of someones religious beliefs is like making fun of someones child. we can have fun without crossing that line. Please respect others beliefs. Thanks...

Josh Stevens
    T6 para as of 7/17/03

"Nobody's perfect...til you fall in love with Them!"

By the same token, even people of the same religion can have different views about their chosen deity. Some may find him/her/it gracious and perfect while others of the same religion find them flawed.

It would be nice if what you're asking could be achieved, but I don't think it's realistic because two people can read or experience the same thing and come away with totally different opinions of it.

-Steven