Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie of all time?

Just checked out Cold Mountain yesterday on DVD. I can see why Renee´ Zellwenger got the Oscar. Great flick.

Who has seen Mystic River?

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Oh a great movie would have to be Freak City! Watch it with someone who is an able bodied person, they might understand your struggle a little more!

I like the movie "Erin Brockovich".
    My husband has seen "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" over and over and over again. I think he has the lines memorized!
    A good western/comedy type movie that rarely comes on is called "The Scalp Hunters". Telly Savalas and Burt Lancaster played in it.

I watched Don Juan DeMarco last night. Sigh. All I can say is that I almost posted about the movie in "advice about women"

Saw Garfield with the kids last night too, which is why I needed Don Juan for balance. It was actually better than I was expecting ... but I was expecting a disaster. A couple of times I laughed out loud. And guys, Jennifer Love Hewitt wears nothing but tight, short, low cut dresses. You might want to go just to see her! The movie overall was a cute, family movie ... but I wish we'd seen Two Brothers instead, the one about the two tigers. Awwww they're so cute ...

A couple of older movies I liked were "The Shashank Redemption" and "The Hurricane (story of Rubin Hurricane Carter)".
    Any Ashley Judd movies are good she is easy on the eyes too

I've been somewhat of a movieholic this summer, having just come back from F911 so I'll give brief synopses of them:
    Farenheit 911: Say what you will, but I've never cried at a completely black screen before. It makes me really happy to see the art-house theatres make money
    Two Brothers: You'll love it Martha. A must for animal lovers and Guy Pierce is really hot. Think Val Kilmer playing Indiana Jones with an Aussie accent. *mancrush*
    Garfield: Meh. Kids loved it tho, more than Two Brothers.
    Harry Potter: It's a Harry Potter movie, no more, no less. Darker than the first two
    The Day After Tomorrow: Loved it. Leave your brain at the door and rejoice in cheesy dialogue, unbelievable situations and total, total destruction.
    Shrek 2: OK but overhyped. I got bored with the constant pop-culture references and in-jokes.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind: Great. Typical Charlie Kaufman wierdness. Really feels like a dream
    Dawn of the Dead: See Day After Tomorrow.
    Kill Bill Vol. 2: The fight between Elle Driver and the Bride is worth the movie ticket alone. Otherwise, meh

Next Week? It's all about Spidey baby yeah!

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

You know Wise told us he had something to do with the film with Hugh Grant in that was about Gene Hackman trying to cure sci? What was the title? It doesn't quite rate as Best Movie Of All Time.

I remember Whose Life Is It Anyway with Richard Dreyfuss.

Back to the Future 1,2,3
    The Big Lebowski
    Office Space
    Fight Club
    American History X
    The Wizzard of Oz

Just a few of my favorites

My 15 year old daughter and I saw "Mean Girls" last night. We absolutely loved it! There are some parts that are so funny, people in the audience were screaming. Lindsey Lohan was great, but her boobs certainly have grown since "Freaky Friday"

It's a great movie to see with your teenage daughter. Much fodder for conversation. I highly recommend it.