Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie of all time?

Originally posted by martha2:

Honestly, can't think of anyone worthy to play that role other than Gregory Peck, but the actors I mentioned were the first to come to mind.=
    A now mature Robert Redford would be good as Atticus.

Rusty, I'd have to think about that one a little while. I'm fixated on Gregory Peck. No kidding, I've watched that movie at least 100 times. I can recite the dialogue almost verbatim. Sick, I know.

Better qualified souls will have to make that decision--if it ever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it though.

Cool scene: The rabid dog. The sheriff seeks out Atticus and hands him the rifle. His son yells, "Sheriff, he cain't shoot!"

When he removes his glasses, aims the site, and pow! "Boy, didn't you know your daddy's the best shot in the county?"

Of course he didn't know. Atticus ... what a humble giant of a man.

Upcoming movie
    Garden State: Zach Braff...genius. Natalie Portman...gorgeous. The soundtrack for this movie is going to be amazing! (The Shins 'new slang') Anyways, here's the trailer

Has anyone seen The Terminal with Tom Hanks? What did you think about it?

Such a fascinating story, but Hanks stole the show. I wonder if he'll get another Oscar nomination.

Took a while for the story to unfold. I went not knowing what to expect. Turned out to be a real treat. I highly recommend it.

Saw Terminal as a sneak 2 weeks ago and really loved it. I have a weakness for Tom Hanks (I have even seen Joe and the Volcano TWICE!!!!), and although I am not a big Catherine Zeta-Jones fan, I liked her in this. Stanley Tucci, as always, was great too.

(KLD)

I'm looking forward to Garden State too. Love the music. It's been way too long since Natalie Portman has done a good movie (re:Leon). Her little twin, Kiera Knightly, is starting to trump NP's hotness tho... I'm a sucker for an English accent.

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

It's a tie between Shawshank Redemption and Silence of the Lambs. More recently, I loved 50 First Dates!

my new best movie is "Honey". Jessica Alba is soooo hot in that movie that i dont even really know what its about. lol

Josh Stevens
    T6 para as of 7/17/03

Midnight Cowboy

"I'm WALKIN' here!"

yeah - I like Jessica Alba too

and in Dark Angel she fell for a guy in a wheelchair - but he got some electronic legs and walked around perfectly