Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie of all time?

Here's a good, but not so well known movie to rent if you can find it. It's called The Boondock Saints. Good movie. I don't think it ever went to theater, it went straight to VHS/DVD.

A friend of mine saw it and told me to rent it, but I couldn't find it at any of the big movie rental places. I ended up finding it at a little mom & pop video rental place when I was in school before my SCI and rented it.

That was a few years ago. I just happened to find it on DVD at Blockbuster the other day and bought it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Shawshank was great - Chick, can we go to the movies together to watch Shawshank and buy some ice creams and do some licking and get our fingers sticky?

that one with an artificial life with the guy Carrie is that his name? that was good - like Groundhog Day

A Matter Of Life And Death is one of the best films ever

The Men, Marlon Brando's firtst film was good - quite realistic too

[This message was edited by Chris2 on 06-13-04 at 10:18 PM.]

quote Martha2 "Johnny Depp maybe? That harnassed intensity and passion? Those penetrating dark brown eyes?

Wonder if Richard Gere could pull it off. Hmmm"

Don't like the sound of that - what sort of films do you go to?

LOL Obviously not many Chris. However I just saw Shrek 2 tonight for second time--this time w/my children. Might give you an idea of what I've been watching.

The book and movie To Kill a Mockingbird had a profound effect on me as a child and young adult. I looked and acted just like Scout when I was her age. Boo Radley and Bob Ewell scared the daylights out of me. But the awesome character of Atticus, the single father, grieving widower, and protector of justice no matter one's color, impressed me more than anything. Honestly, can't think of anyone worthy to play that role other than Gregory Peck, but the actors I mentioned were the first to come to mind.

Has anyone seen the new Stepford Wives? It's a comedy this time? I read the book in high school--another one that impressed me about the roles of women. Anyone care to comment who's seen new movie and read book?

I saw the preview for "The Stepford Wives" remake last weekend and they practically gave away the entire plot.

Tremors is the scariest non-human antagonist movie that I've seen.

When I was 8. Scared shitless, so I was. Would only walk on concrete for about six months.

I love Shawshank Redemption, every time they show it on TV I have to watch it. I don't know why, I just do. For the longest time I'd never seen the whole movie all the way through from begenning to end. I was always coming in in the middle, or having to go somewhere before I got to the end.

Tremors is another movie I have to watch when they show it on TV. My mom hates it, but she has to watch it too. It's a cheezy movie, but in a good way. I can't believe they made two sequels and a TV seriese out of it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

[This message was edited by chasb on 06-14-04 at 01:07 AM.]

Originally posted by chasb:

in no particular order:

Theif
    Casablanca
    The Verdict
    Brians Song
    In the Heat of the Night
    Once Upon a Time in America
    The Deer Hunter
    Jaws
    The Organization
    Blues Brothers
    Godfather (part 1)

Does anyone remember the movie Slaughterhouse Five, based on novel by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? There was a group of us about 20 years ago who'd watch that movie together repeatedly. The book was awesome too. Great Vonnegut work.

I agree with Martha... To Kill a Mockingbird, Legends of the Fall and Doctor Zhivago.

Atticus showed me how good a man could be on so many levels.

Rusty