Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: faking internet friend question

faking internet friend question

if you had a friend on the internet, you had never met in person, and over time their story starting seeming to not add up anymore, would you express your doubts to them?

on the one hand: you could be wrong. if so you will hurt your friend and ruin the friendship.

on the other hand: what if your'e right? you don't want to be involved in that kind of "friendship".

even worse, what if this friend is claiming to have a spinal cord injury. if they actually DON'T have a spinal cord injury, they are just pretending to, well, that's not normal. they need some mental/emotional help.

what would you do?

thanks

what kind of sick mf would make up something like that?

I would say, follow your instinct and if you are doubting the friendship then you are probably right.

What makes you think they are faking a SCI?

faster than a speeding ticket

Gimmie the dirt!!

follow your gut. your friend should understand your doubts, after all, there are alot of creepy people online.

'The more you dissaprove the more fun it is for me.'

I'm very careful about people I meet on the internet. There are too many weirdos out there.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Stick around Matt, we have a few here and I'm sure a few on the way and some funny ones from the past. They are all sickos wanting attention.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

Blundy, this is a bizarre situation. Curious though, did you meet this person at CareCure?

blundy-

We have the same friend, I think. Do what you would do with any other friend...call them on the indiscrepancies. Apologise if you feel you got it wrong. Blow the person off if your gut is giving you a bad vibe. I have a real queasy feeling about the faking of an sci, wtf is wrong with these people? Wish I could give them mine, and yours too! Re faking an sci, if I had been so inclined, the first time I saw a cath or supp I would have hit the door at a dead run. That anyone would choose this boggles the mind. And yet, it keeps happening. Watch your back.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

hmmm...thats pretty creepy. id call them on it. better yet, if you live in the same area, id ask to meet the person in public and check him or her out.

Even if your body cannot move, you can still think and meditate ~Dalai Lama~

guy or girl blundy? i think we have a cc stalker/weirdo.

'The more you dissaprove the more fun it is for me.'